- Video: Liverpool signing Lazar Markovic stars as Reds beat Man City
- Steven Gerrard looked up Liverpool signing Lazar Markovic on YouTube
- Cahill & more: Twitter reacts as Lukaku swaps Chelsea for Everton
- Three reasons why Arturo Vidal should join Man Utd
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal get Khedira boost, Man Utd offered Mertens
- Man Utd transfers: Angel di Maria welcome at PSG, says Edinson Cavani
Liverpool’s Pepe Reina: We have enough firepower to beat Zenit
Liverpool goalkeeper Pepe Reina says the Reds will have enough firepower to beat Zenit St Petersburg at Anfield on Thursday
Pepe Reina is convinced that Liverpool have enough firepower to overturn a two-goal deficit against Zenit St Petersburg in the Anfield leg of their last-32 tie.
“We’ll be fine, there’s no doubt the manager will work on that and we will produce a team that is capable of winning the game and go through to the next round,” said Reina.
“As the manager said after the game, the next goal in the tie is going to be vital – and if we can score that goal, with Anfield right behind us, it will be very, very important.”
Reina also believes it will be vital that Liverpool make a bright start at Anfield if Rodgers’ side are to have any chance of completing a comeback.
“It’s up to both, players and fans. We have to show character from the beginning, especially in the first 15-20 minutes to get the people right behind us, but then they will lift us in the weak moments as they always do,” he added.
“The fact it is a night game makes it different. Supporters come to the game more excited. It’s difficult to explain, but there’s a different kind of atmosphere.
“It will be even bigger and louder if we can score the next goal in the tie, so hopefully we can do that.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Ramsey wishes Jenkinson luck at West Ham
- Grenier rubbishes Lyon exit speculation
- 'Arsenal will need to activate Quintero's clause'
- Evans lifts lid on Van Gaal's methods
- Campbell: I'm good enough for Arsenal