- Photo: Mario Balotelli pays tribute to Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard
- Photos: What Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Parlour and more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal close in on Welbeck
- Man Utd transfers: Neville wants centre-half after Falcao signing
- Theo Walcott welcomes Arsenal signing Danny Welbeck to Gunners
- Rio Ferdinand: Danny Welbeck will ‘flourish’ as Arsenal’s No1 striker
Liverpool’s Pepe Reina: We have enough firepower to beat Zenit
Liverpool goalkeeper Pepe Reina says the Reds will have enough firepower to beat Zenit St Petersburg at Anfield on Thursday
Pepe Reina is convinced that Liverpool have enough firepower to overturn a two-goal deficit against Zenit St Petersburg in the Anfield leg of their last-32 tie.
“We’ll be fine, there’s no doubt the manager will work on that and we will produce a team that is capable of winning the game and go through to the next round,” said Reina.
“As the manager said after the game, the next goal in the tie is going to be vital – and if we can score that goal, with Anfield right behind us, it will be very, very important.”
Reina also believes it will be vital that Liverpool make a bright start at Anfield if Rodgers’ side are to have any chance of completing a comeback.
“It’s up to both, players and fans. We have to show character from the beginning, especially in the first 15-20 minutes to get the people right behind us, but then they will lift us in the weak moments as they always do,” he added.
“The fact it is a night game makes it different. Supporters come to the game more excited. It’s difficult to explain, but there’s a different kind of atmosphere.
“It will be even bigger and louder if we can score the next goal in the tie, so hopefully we can do that.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Ricky who? Sterling had to Google Rodgers joke
- Redknapp: Borini's wage demands prevented deal
- Lamela wishes Sandro 'all the best' at QPR
- Özil backs Welbeck to net plenty of Arsenal goals
- Welbeck to wear number 23 shirt for Arsenal