- Video: Liverpool signing Lazar Markovic stars as Reds beat Man City
- Steven Gerrard looked up Liverpool signing Lazar Markovic on YouTube
- Cahill & more: Twitter reacts as Lukaku swaps Chelsea for Everton
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal get Khedira boost, Man Utd offered Mertens
- Man Utd transfers: Arturo Vidal is a Juve player, insists Beppe Marotta
- Man Utd transfers: Angel di Maria welcome at PSG, says Edinson Cavani
Liverpool transfers: ‘Newcastle have a soft spot for Andy Carroll’
Liverpool transfers: Newcastle managing director Derek Llambias hints the Magpies are still interested in Andy Carroll
Derek Llambias has admitted Newcastle United still have a “soft spot” for Liverpool striker Andy Carroll.
The 24-year-old endured a difficult first season at Liverpool after completing a record £35m move to Anfield from St James’ Park in January 2011.
Despite managing just two goals in 11 appearances in an injury-hit spell at the Hammers, the east London club have already agreed a deal with Liverpool for the striker.
But Newcastle managing director Llambias hinted the Toon would be interested in re-signing Carroll if the opportunity arose.
“We’ve always had a bit of a soft spot for Andy here,” Llambias told the Newcastle Chronicle. “He’s a character and he’s getting older and more mature – and he’s stronger.
“It’s unlucky what has happened at West Ham, but he scored a great goal at the weekend. He’s still got a house up here. Andy was part and parcel of our growth.”
Carroll has scored 11 goals in 58 appearances for the Merseyside outfit since his club record move.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Wilshere makes a SPLASH in Arsenal training
- I'll prove my worth at West Ham, vows Jenkinson
- Three reasons why Vidal should join Man Utd
- Markovic stars as Liverpool beat Man City
- Gerrard excited by Liverpool's summer signings