- Gibbs, Walcott & more: Twitter reacts to Arsenal’s £16m signing
- Liverpool transfers: Marco Reus wanted by massive clubs, says agent
- Photos: Arsenal unveil £16m signing Calum Chambers
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal relaxed about potential signings
- Liverpool transfers: ‘Reds in trouble after failing to sign Loïc Rémy’
- The new Chambo! Arsenal forward hails new signing Calum Chambers
Liverpool transfers: West Ham ‘have agreed Andy Carroll deal’
Liverpool transfers: West Ham have agreed a deal with the Reds to sign Andy Carroll at the end of the season, says Hammers chairman
West Ham United have an agreement in place with Liverpool to sign Andy Carroll, according to the Hammers joint-chairman David Sullivan.
The 23-year-old has scored once in 11 Premier League appearances for the west London side after moving on a season-long loan to Upton Park from the Reds in August.
With Carroll not fitting into Brendan Rodgers’ vision for Liverpool, the England international’s long-term future at the Merseyside outfit appears in doubt.
And Sullivan says West Ham have agreed a deal with the Reds to buy the striker at the end of the season, but the Hammers are yet to reach an agreement with Carroll.
“West Ham have an agreement with Liverpool to sign him at the end of the season, but we have no agreement with the player,” Sullivan told the Daily Mail.
Carroll has been hampered by injuries since joining Sam Allardyce’s side, limiting the striker’s impact at West Ham.
However, Sullivan believes Carroll is desperate to prove his worth at the Hammers, with 15 Premier League games remaining this term.
“It was his desire to come to West Ham to prove himself to Liverpool and that hasn’t changed,” added Sullivan.
“He has had injuries since he came but is back to fitness now and we have 15 games left. We need some goals and some points so let’s see.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Liverpool unveil new signing Origi
- Origi: Mignolet says Liverpool is perfect for me
- Rodgers: Origi one of world's brightest talents
- Origi vows to 'maximise' Liverpool chance
- Photos: Man Utd squad meet tennis stars