- Man Utd transfers: Marcos Rojo drops Angel Di Maria hint
- Özil, Szczesny and more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal draw at Besiktas
- Transfer round-up: Manolas has Arsenal medical, Man Utd to sign Cuadrado
- Man Utd transfers: Thomas Müller confirms Red Devils snub
- Man Utd transfers: ‘Red Devils only need two new top players’
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal step up Khedira bid, Man Utd to sign Alonso
Luis Suárez: Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard has helped my career
Liverpool striker Luis Suárez says Steven Gerrard has made a difference to his career ahead of the club's trip to Manchester City
Luis Suárez says that Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard has made a difference to the striker’s career ahead of the Reds’ trip to Manchester City on Sunday.
The Reds captain recently admitted Suárez is the best striker that he has played with during his glittering club career.
And Suárez lavished praise on his skipper, revealing how important the 32-year-old has been both on and off the pitch since the South American moved to Anfield from Ajax in 2011.
“I get goose pimples when I hear he said that,” Suárez said.
“Gerrard is such a good player and what he said about me I will never forget. It’s unbelievable.
“He has such a good record over many years in the English game and is a great example to all the players here, especially to me.
“We all respect him. He has won almost everything and if anything goes wrong on the pitch he never tells the players off.
“He just speaks to them afterwards and when he speaks to them you can take it as a fact that he is right. He is just trying to help people.
“Steven has also said things to me in private that I will never forget, about things that have happened and things that I can do here.
“These are conversations that players have. People don’t hear them but they are so important. They make a difference to a person like me, to my career and my life.
“The ones we had are private but say everything about him. Steven has given me motivation to carry on and do well with what he has said. He has helped me hugely.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- 'Fàbregas would have picked Man Utd over Chelsea'
- Wenger: Ramsey can be better than Fàbregas
- Smith surprised by Liverpool's Balotelli bid
- 'Liverpool should sign Falcao or Reus'
- Scholes: Fàbregas perfect for Man Utd