- Transfer round-up: Man Utd close in on Di Maria, Arsenal sign £3m Ospina
- Man Utd transfers: Arturo Vidal ‘will join Red Devils next month’
- Tottenham transfers: New signings possible, says Mauricio Pochettino
- Arsenal transfers: Lukas Podolski urges Sami Khedira to join Gunners
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal coy on Javier Hernandez future
- Arsenal transfers: Serge Aurier confirms Gunners approach
Man City transfers: Kolo Touré eyeing summer move to ‘top league’
Man City transfers: Ivory Coast defender Kolo Toure says he hopes to leave the Citizens for one of the top leagues in the summer
Kolo Touré has confirmed that he wants to leave Manchester City for one of the “top leagues” at the end of the season.
The 31-year-old’s current deal is set to expire in the summer, with the Eastlands outfit yet to offer the defender a contract extension.
Touré has been a fringe player at the defending Premier League champions this term, making just a handful of appearances for the Citizens.
“My agent is working on that but at the moment I’m playing at City and doing everything I can do to help City win trophies – that’s important,” Touré told Manchester Evening News.
City were reported to have accepted two bids from Turkish clubs for the African last summer, but Touré opted to remain at the Citizens and fight for his first-team place.
With Touré’s opportunities now limited under Roberto Mancini, the former Arsenal centre-half is ready to seek a new challenge in one of Europe’s other “top” leagues.
“I have always liked the Premier League and I want to stay in the top leagues but time goes and if there is no chance I have to go where they want me,” he added.
“Didier Drogba is in Turkey – but it’s difficult to talk about that now – there’s no chance of staying here but the Premier is my first option for sure.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Podolski urges Khedira to join Arsenal
- Vidal 'will join Man Utd next month'
- Aurier confirms Arsenal approach
- Cavani won't rule out PSG exit
- Fàbregas: I'll shine with Torres for Chelsea