- Gibbs, Walcott & more: Twitter reacts to Arsenal’s £16m signing
- Photos: Arsenal unveil £16m signing Calum Chambers
- Loïc Rémy will be loved at Liverpool, says Gerard Houllier
- Aldridge & more: Twitter reacts as Liverpool sign Lovren
- Photos: Emre Can & Lazar Markovic look to impress in Liverpool training
- Liverpool transfers: Brendan Rodgers explains collapsed Loïc Rémy deal
Man City’s Gael Clichy issues backing for under-fire Roberto Mancini
Manchester City's Gael Clichy says Roberto Mancini can improve the Citizens further amid speculation about the manager's future
Gael Clichy believes Roberto Mancini can take Manchester City to even “higher” ahead of their clash against Chelsea on Sunday.
City are 12 points behind league leaders Manchester United in the title race, while Mancini’s men face Barnsley in the FA Cup quarter-finals.
But Clichy, who was signed by Mancini in 2011, says the 48-year-old deserves credit for ending the club’s silverware drought amid speculation about the manager’s future.
“Only time will tell whether the club decides to sack him or keep him, but he’s doing well,” Clichy told the Sun.
“It’s the people above who decide – but I believe he can take us higher.
“He’s the one who brought me here. Of course I’d like to see him stay. As a player you want to give your best for a manager like him.
“If you look at his record, he’s the one who brought silverware to this club, the FA Cup, Community Shield, Premier League. You have to give credit where it’s due.
“I think people say with that money any manager could do the job but I doubt it.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Liverpool hand Lovren No6 shirt
- Photos: Arsenal unveil new signing Chambers
- Twitter reacts to Arsenal's £16m signing
- Arsenal give Chambers No21 shirt
- Walcott welcomes Chambers to Arsenal