- Loïc Rémy will be loved at Liverpool, says Gerard Houllier
- Aldridge & more: Twitter reacts as Liverpool sign Lovren
- Photos: Emre Can & Lazar Markovic look to impress in Liverpool training
- Wojciech Szczesny welcomes Arsenal signing David Ospina
- Gareth Bale always spoke highly of Tottenham, reveals Ben Davies
- Liverpool transfers: Brendan Rodgers explains collapsed Loïc Rémy deal
Man City manager Roberto Mancini urges Sami Nasri to work harder
Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini urges Samir Nasri to work harder ahead of the Citizens' clash against Chelsea on Sunday
Roberto Mancini has urged Manchester City midfielder Sami Nasri to work harder ahead of their showdown with Chelsea on Sunday.
The France international has one goal in 17 appearances for the Citizens in an indifferent campaign for both the playmaker and his club.
But Mancini has been unimpressed with Nasri’s contribution this term, urging the former Marseille star to work harder in training to improve his performances on the pitch.
“I think Samir has fantastic qualities. With his quality, he should always play well. Every game he could be the difference. A player of this quality could be one of the best players in Europe. But it’s not happening.
“Sometimes a player thinks it’s enough what they did the year before and doesn’t understand that every day they should improve.
“If you are a top player you know you can improve until the last day of your career but sometimes you get players who think it is not important to work and this is their worst mistake.
“Samir can do better than this year. He is a top player but he has not been playing at his level.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Cech rules out Chelsea exit
- Mata: Van Gaal restoring Man Utd's winning mentality
- Rodgers: Markovic will only get better and better
- Vertonghen rules out Barcelona move
- Photos: Markovic impresses as Liverpool beat Olympiakos