- Photo: Mario Balotelli pays tribute to Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard
- Photos: What Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Parlour and more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal close in on Welbeck
- Man Utd transfers: Neville wants centre-half after Falcao signing
- Theo Walcott welcomes Arsenal signing Danny Welbeck to Gunners
- Rio Ferdinand: Danny Welbeck will ‘flourish’ as Arsenal’s No1 striker
It’s not good enough! Man City’s Roberto Mancini slams Joe Hart
Manchester City's Roberto Mancini criticises Joe Hart after the goalkeeper made a crucial mistake in a 3-1 loss to Southampton
Roberto Mancini criticised Manchester City goalkeeper Joe Hart after the Citizens shot stopper made a mistake in a 3-1 loss to Southampton on Saturday.
Jason Puncheon had put the Saints ahead inside seven minutes before Hart fumbled Rickie Lambert’s shot to allow Steven Davis to double the home side’s lead.
Edin Dzeko scored just before half-time, but Gareth Barry’s own goal restored Southampton’s two-goal advantage and ultimately sealed City’s third loss of the season.
Hart has been guilty of a series of errors in an indifferent season for the England international, and Mancini expressed his displeasure with the shot stopper’s form.
“Joe has made too many mistakes. He has not been good enough,” Mancini told the Sun.
“It was a really bad mistake from Joe.
“It was not good enough. It’s not strange because he’s done a few mistakes this year.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Ricky who? Sterling had to Google Rodgers joke
- Redknapp: Borini's wage demands prevented deal
- Lamela wishes Sandro 'all the best' at QPR
- Özil backs Welbeck to net plenty of Arsenal goals
- Welbeck to wear number 23 shirt for Arsenal