- Gibbs, Walcott & more: Twitter reacts to Arsenal’s £16m signing
- Liverpool transfers: Marco Reus wanted by massive clubs, says agent
- Photos: Arsenal unveil £16m signing Calum Chambers
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal relaxed about potential signings
- Liverpool transfers: ‘Reds in trouble after failing to sign Loïc Rémy’
- The new Chambo! Arsenal forward hails new signing Calum Chambers
It’s not good enough! Man City’s Roberto Mancini slams Joe Hart
Manchester City's Roberto Mancini criticises Joe Hart after the goalkeeper made a crucial mistake in a 3-1 loss to Southampton
Roberto Mancini criticised Manchester City goalkeeper Joe Hart after the Citizens shot stopper made a mistake in a 3-1 loss to Southampton on Saturday.
Jason Puncheon had put the Saints ahead inside seven minutes before Hart fumbled Rickie Lambert’s shot to allow Steven Davis to double the home side’s lead.
Edin Dzeko scored just before half-time, but Gareth Barry’s own goal restored Southampton’s two-goal advantage and ultimately sealed City’s third loss of the season.
Hart has been guilty of a series of errors in an indifferent season for the England international, and Mancini expressed his displeasure with the shot stopper’s form.
“Joe has made too many mistakes. He has not been good enough,” Mancini told the Sun.
“It was a really bad mistake from Joe.
“It was not good enough. It’s not strange because he’s done a few mistakes this year.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Liverpool unveil new signing Origi
- Origi: Mignolet says Liverpool is perfect for me
- Rodgers: Origi one of world's brightest talents
- Origi vows to 'maximise' Liverpool chance
- Photos: Man Utd squad meet tennis stars