- I wouldn’t sign Liverpool target Mario Balotelli for free, says ex-Man Utd star
- Photos: Özil and Mertesacker train as Arsenal gear up for Everton
- Liverpool transfers: Mario Balotelli a bargain at £16m, says Harry Redknapp
- Transfer round-up: Reus in talks with Arsenal, Tottenham to sign Fazio
- José Mourinho wishes Mario Balotelli all the best at Liverpool
- Liverpool transfers: ‘Signing Mario Balotelli the worst thing for the Reds’
It’s not good enough! Man City’s Roberto Mancini slams Joe Hart
Manchester City's Roberto Mancini criticises Joe Hart after the goalkeeper made a crucial mistake in a 3-1 loss to Southampton
Roberto Mancini criticised Manchester City goalkeeper Joe Hart after the Citizens shot stopper made a mistake in a 3-1 loss to Southampton on Saturday.
Jason Puncheon had put the Saints ahead inside seven minutes before Hart fumbled Rickie Lambert’s shot to allow Steven Davis to double the home side’s lead.
Edin Dzeko scored just before half-time, but Gareth Barry’s own goal restored Southampton’s two-goal advantage and ultimately sealed City’s third loss of the season.
Hart has been guilty of a series of errors in an indifferent season for the England international, and Mancini expressed his displeasure with the shot stopper’s form.
“Joe has made too many mistakes. He has not been good enough,” Mancini told the Sun.
“It was a really bad mistake from Joe.
“It was not good enough. It’s not strange because he’s done a few mistakes this year.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Mourinho backs Cahill for England captaincy
- Mourinho: I don't have to explain my decision to Cech
- Van Persie set to return for Man Utd
- Back Arsenal, Chelsea & Spurs to win at 10/1!
- Rodgers: Markovic & Moreno available for Man City trip