- Photo: Mario Balotelli pays tribute to Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal to sign £21m Carvalho, Man Utd in Vidal talks
- Parlour, Lineker and more: Twitter reacts as Leicester hold Arsenal
- Arsenal dealt Radamel Falcao blow after striker ‘deletes Real Madrid tweet’
- Arsenal transfers: Wenger confirms he’s on the lookout for a striker
- ‘Rene Meulensteen return would be great news for Man Utd’
Man Utd players hungry for Premier League success, says Sir Alex
Sir Alex Ferguson believes Manchester United have shown a "great appetite" to prise the title away from Manchester City this term
Sir Alex Ferguson believes Manchester United have shown a “great appetite” to prise the Premier League title away from Manchester City this season.
The Red Devils are currently nine points clear at the top of the table with 13 games left to play this term.
United are also in contention for the FA Cup and the Champions League – and Ferguson admits his side are approaching a crucial point in the season.
“You hope that the players realise that the league is there for them [to win],” Ferguson told the Daily Star.
“It’s obviously a big challenge and we’ve got the FA Cup and the Champions League as well. It’s always an important time.
“The players have shown great appetite for it. They showed that against Tottenham in the way they fought like hell to get a [1-1 draw] and were unlucky it went against them at the end. But we’re definitely in the right shape.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- PHOTO: Suárez gives Gerrard signed Barcelona shirt
- 'Falcao would have slotted in Arsenal side'
- Twitter reacts to reports Falcao will join Man Utd
- Balotelli tell Sturridge to brush up his dancing
- 'Falcao will give Man Utd wonderful lift'