- Man Utd transfers: Seven players who could rescue the Red Devils
- ‘Cesc Fàbregas would have picked Man Utd over Chelsea’
- Man Utd transfers: Angel Di Maria asks to leave Real Madrid
- Photos: Robin van Persie & Wayne Rooney all smiles at Man Utd training
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal step up Khedira bid, Man Utd to sign Alonso
- Arsenal transfers: Real Madrid boss gives update on Sami Khedira
Man Utd players hungry for Premier League success, says Sir Alex
Sir Alex Ferguson believes Manchester United have shown a "great appetite" to prise the title away from Manchester City this term
Sir Alex Ferguson believes Manchester United have shown a “great appetite” to prise the Premier League title away from Manchester City this season.
The Red Devils are currently nine points clear at the top of the table with 13 games left to play this term.
United are also in contention for the FA Cup and the Champions League – and Ferguson admits his side are approaching a crucial point in the season.
“You hope that the players realise that the league is there for them [to win],” Ferguson told the Daily Star.
“It’s obviously a big challenge and we’ve got the FA Cup and the Champions League as well. It’s always an important time.
“The players have shown great appetite for it. They showed that against Tottenham in the way they fought like hell to get a [1-1 draw] and were unlucky it went against them at the end. But we’re definitely in the right shape.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- All of today's football transfer gossip
- Campbell: Balotelli deal too good to turn down
- Robson: Balotelli is a bad move for Liverpool
- Limassol 1 Tottenham 2: Talking points
- Limassol 1 Tottenham 2: Player ratings