- Man Utd transfers: Arturo Vidal ‘will join Red Devils next month’
- Transfer round-up: Man Utd close in on Di Maria, Arsenal sign £3m Ospina
- Arsenal transfers: Lukas Podolski urges Sami Khedira to join Gunners
- Mauricio Pochettino hails Tottenham’s ‘unbelievable’ Erik Lamela
- Tottenham transfers: New signings possible, says Mauricio Pochettino
- Photos: Arsenal jet off to USA for New York Red Bulls clash
Man Utd players hungry for Premier League success, says Sir Alex
Sir Alex Ferguson believes Manchester United have shown a "great appetite" to prise the title away from Manchester City this term
Sir Alex Ferguson believes Manchester United have shown a “great appetite” to prise the Premier League title away from Manchester City this season.
The Red Devils are currently nine points clear at the top of the table with 13 games left to play this term.
United are also in contention for the FA Cup and the Champions League – and Ferguson admits his side are approaching a crucial point in the season.
“You hope that the players realise that the league is there for them [to win],” Ferguson told the Daily Star.
“It’s obviously a big challenge and we’ve got the FA Cup and the Champions League as well. It’s always an important time.
“The players have shown great appetite for it. They showed that against Tottenham in the way they fought like hell to get a [1-1 draw] and were unlucky it went against them at the end. But we’re definitely in the right shape.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Van Gaal hints at defensive signings for Man Utd
- Herrera: My Man Utd debut was a dream
- Shaqiri plays down exit speculation
- Rodgers: Coutinho the brain of Liverpool side
- Pochettino: Lamela is unbelievable