- Loïc Rémy will be loved at Liverpool, says Gerard Houllier
- Photos: Emre Can & Lazar Markovic look to impress in Liverpool training
- Aldridge & more: Twitter reacts as Liverpool sign Lovren
- Wojciech Szczesny welcomes Arsenal signing David Ospina
- Gareth Bale always spoke highly of Tottenham, reveals Ben Davies
- Transfer round-up: Man Utd monitor Di Maria, Arsenal chase Costa
Man Utd players hungry for Premier League success, says Sir Alex
Sir Alex Ferguson believes Manchester United have shown a "great appetite" to prise the title away from Manchester City this term
Sir Alex Ferguson believes Manchester United have shown a “great appetite” to prise the Premier League title away from Manchester City this season.
The Red Devils are currently nine points clear at the top of the table with 13 games left to play this term.
United are also in contention for the FA Cup and the Champions League – and Ferguson admits his side are approaching a crucial point in the season.
“You hope that the players realise that the league is there for them [to win],” Ferguson told the Daily Star.
“It’s obviously a big challenge and we’ve got the FA Cup and the Champions League as well. It’s always an important time.
“The players have shown great appetite for it. They showed that against Tottenham in the way they fought like hell to get a [1-1 draw] and were unlucky it went against them at the end. But we’re definitely in the right shape.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Twitter reacts as Liverpool sign Lovren
- Lovren can't wait to link up with Liverpool squad
- Rodgers: Lovren an important Liverpool signing
- Liverpool complete £20m Lovren signing
- Arsenal target Griezmann set to join Atletico