Man Utd’s Sir Alex has been advising us, reveals Celtic boss Lennon
Neil Lennon says Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has given advice to him and his Celtic backroom staff this season
Neil Lennon has revealed that Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has “gone out of his way” to give advice to him and his Celtic backroom staff this season.
And Lennon has revealed that he has been in touch with the Old Trafford boss throughout his side’s European campaign, saying that Ferguson is “always willing to help”.
“Sir Alex came up to see us for a few hours one afternoon. He took time out of his heavy schedule to visit myself and my backroom team,” Lennon said.
“Throughout the campaign we have been in touch. He has given little bits of advice about what to look out for and for a young manager he is fantastic in that way – he is always willing to help.
“He’s gone out of his way at times to help us. Not in a huge way, but just little pointers in the right direction.”
Celtic v Juventus: Pre-match facts
• Celtic have not lost in eight games against Serie A opponents at Celtic Park since their first visitors from Italy, when AC Milan, prevailed 1-0 in a European Cup quarter-final on 12 March 1969, winning by the same aggregate score.
• Celtic’s 19 games against Italian sides have ended W5 D7 L7 (W4 D4 L1 in Glasgow). The most memorable contest was the first, Celtic beating Inter Milan 2-1 in the 1966-67 European Cup final in Lisbon to become the first British club to lift the trophy.
• Juventus, who remained unbeaten in the group stage to extend their unbeaten run in European competition to 16 games, are in the Champions League knockout rounds for the 10th time.
• Juve have not been beaten on their travels in Europe since 18 March 2010, when they went down 4-1 at Fulham in the Europa League group stage round of 16 second leg, losing 5-4 on aggregate. Their subsequent eight away fixtures have produced three wins and five draws.
- Twitter hails Liverpool's 'world-class' Suárez
- Twitter reacts as Arsenal beat Hull
- Swansea 3 Newcastle 0: Player ratings
- Swansea 3 Newcastle 0: Talking points
- Rodgers: Suárez scored four ‘wow’ goals