- Rio Ferdinand: Danny Welbeck will ‘flourish’ as Arsenal’s No1 striker
- Photos: Arsenal unveil new signing Danny Welbeck
- Theo Walcott welcomes Arsenal signing Danny Welbeck to Gunners
- Photos: What Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Danny Welbeck only wanted to quit Man Utd for Arsenal, says Alan Smith
- Özil & more: Twitter reacts as Welbeck joins Arsenal from Man Utd
Man Utd boss Sir Alex Ferguson wants no repeat of Everton slip-up
Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is braced for a tough match against Everton at Old Trafford on Sunday
Sir Alex Ferguson has warned his Manchester United side not to underestimate Everton at Old Trafford on Sunday after last season’s shock result against the Merseyside outfit.
The Red Devils were leading 4-2 heading into the final 10 minutes of the clash last April before late goals from Nikica Jelavić and Marouane Fellaini salvaged a draw for the visitors.
The Red Devils currently lead the Citizens by nine points – but Ferguson has warned the 19-time champions to expect a difficult match against David Moyes’ side.
“It’s a tough game on Sunday,” Ferguson said.
“We were 4-2 up with seven or eight minutes to go. It was unexpected and we have to anticipate the unexpected in the run-in. That was a bad blow for us and it cost us the league.
“Everton are very experienced and, if you look at their record, they’ve only lost three games this season [the same number as United]. They’re obviously hard to beat.
“But the team is playing well, I’m pleased with their form and I’m pleased that the players we’re changing around, when I’m making different team selections, are buying into it well.
“They’re all contributing in their own way and that gives us a better chance in terms of dealing with the various competitions we’re in now.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Welbeck suffers minor injury setback
- Van Persie denies injury reports
- Liverpool chief hails Man Utd's Falcao deal
- Tottenham confirm Walker surgery
- PHOTOS: Arsenal unveil new signing Welbeck