- Gibbs, Walcott & more: Twitter reacts to Arsenal’s £16m signing
- Photos: Arsenal unveil £16m signing Calum Chambers
- Loïc Rémy will be loved at Liverpool, says Gerard Houllier
- Aldridge & more: Twitter reacts as Liverpool sign Lovren
- Photos: Emre Can & Lazar Markovic look to impress in Liverpool training
- Liverpool transfers: Brendan Rodgers explains collapsed Loïc Rémy deal
Michael Laudrup intends to stay at Swansea despite Real Madrid reports
Swansea City manager Michael Laudrup says he plans to stay at the Liberty Stadium despite reported interest from Real Madrid
Michael Laudrup says he plans to stay at Swansea City beyond his contract despite talk of Real Madrid luring the Dane to the Bernabéu in the summer.
The former Los Blancos star has impressed since succeeding Brendan Rodgers at the Liberty Stadium in the summer, guiding the Swans to the Capital One Cup final.
The 48-year-old has previously stated that he is in no rush to talk about a new contract, with his current deal set to run until 2014.
But Laudrup insisted his long-term future lies with Swansea despite talk of the La Liga champions eyeing the former Denmark international as a replacement for José Mourinho should the Portuguese coach quit.
“My intention is to stay.” he told BBC Sport. “I have a contract for next year as well and I think it’s a very interesting team we’re building up here. We will try to build on in the summer as well.
“Everybody thought we’d struggle down there, so to have 37 points after 26 games is way ahead our plans.”
He added: “Now we have to stay in the present and the present is the league and to get as many points as possible and to win the Cup final.
“Being in a Cup final is a huge success for everybody in the city and the club. But the daily bread if you can call it that is the league,
“Then let’s see what happens next season with some new players coming in [and] the possibility of playing in Europe. It will be a very exciting season but first of all we have to finish this one.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Liverpool hand Lovren No6 shirt
- Photos: Arsenal unveil new signing Chambers
- Twitter reacts to Arsenal's £16m signing
- Arsenal give Chambers No21 shirt
- Walcott welcomes Chambers to Arsenal