- Photo: Mario Balotelli pays tribute to Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard
- Photos: What Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Parlour and more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal close in on Welbeck
- Man Utd transfers: Neville wants centre-half after Falcao signing
- Photo: Luis Suárez gives Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard Barca shirt
- Arsenal transfers: Ray Parlour urges Gunners to sign Edinson Cavani
Norwich transfers: Lennon says Celtic stars will be sold – eventually
Norwich transfers: Neil Lennon says Celtic will have to sell their best players eventually amid interest from the Premier League
Neil Lennon says Celtic will eventually have to sell their star players, such as Fraser Forster and Gary Hooper, amid growing interest from the Premier League.
The Hoops fended off two bids from Norwich City for their prolific striker Hooper in the January transfer window, while shot stopper Forster has been tipped for an England cap.
Lennon’s side are set to face Serie A holders Juventus in the first leg of their Champions League last-16 tie on Tuesday, and the Celtic boss believes his players have benefited from their exposure in Europe’s premier club competition.
“Every player has a price and we will have to sell eventually. Then you have to start again,” said Lennon.
“Fraser is excellent. In my opinion, he is England’s best keeper after Joe Hart – although I am biased. Gary is good enough to be in the England squad.
“I think Roy Hodgson will come up and watch the two of them on Tuesday. Credit to Roy as he is prepared to do that. Some managers would shut the door on the SPL, but the Champions League has been so important for those two guys.
“To get two players in the England squad would be fantastic.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- PHOTOS: What Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Man Utd unveil £14m signing Blind
- Blind great addition, says Van Gaal
- Blind revels in dream move to Man Utd
- Twitter reacts as Arsenal close in on Welbeck