- Gibbs, Walcott & more: Twitter reacts to Arsenal’s £16m signing
- Photos: Arsenal unveil £16m signing Calum Chambers
- Liverpool transfers: Brendan Rodgers explains collapsed Loïc Rémy deal
- Aldridge & more: Twitter reacts as Liverpool sign Lovren
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal relaxed about potential signings
- Ronald Koeman tweets picture of empty Southampton training ground
QPR’s Jermaine Jenas: Harry Redknapp was key to Hoops move
QPR's Jermaine Jenas says the chance to work under Harry Redknapp was a key factor in his decision to move to the Hoops
Jermaine Jenas has revealed the chance to work with Harry Redknapp again was “key” to his decision to join Queens Park Rangers from Tottenham Hotspur on Thursday.
The 29-year-old has signed a 18-month contract at the west London side after returning to Tottenham from a loan spell with Nottingham Forest earlier this month.
The England international previously worked under Redknapp during the 65-year-old’s three-and-a-half year reign as Spurs manager.
And Jenas is relishing the chance to play regular first-team football in the Premier League after falling out-of-favour at White Hart Lane.
“I’m happy to be here,” said Jenas.
“This is my third deadline-day move. It’s always frantic, but thankfully we’ve managed to get it done.”
He added: “It’s great to be linking up with Harry again. Him being here was key to me making the move.
“I know what he brings as a manager and on a personal level, it’s an opportunity for me to play football.
“It’s no secret I’ve had some injury problems in the last couple of years, but this is a great opportunity for me to play in the Premier League – and hopefully keep this club where they belong.”
Meanwhile, Redknapp believes the former Newcastle United midfielder will prove a key player for QPR in their battle against relegation.
“I know JJ very well, I had him at Tottenham,” said Redknapp.
“I think he’s a good player. He can get from box to box, he’s quick, strong and athletic.
“He’s a good lad with a great attitude. I’m sure he’ll be a big asset for us.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Oxlade-Chamberlain hails Chambers's move
- Juventus confident of Vidal stay
- Van Gaal: I won't buy for the sake of it
- Liverpool hand Lovren No6 shirt
- Photos: Arsenal unveil new signing Chambers