- Photo: Mario Balotelli pays tribute to Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal to sign £21m Carvalho, Man Utd in Vidal talks
- Parlour, Lineker and more: Twitter reacts as Leicester hold Arsenal
- Man Utd transfers: Neville wants centre-half after Falcao signing
- Arsenal dealt Radamel Falcao blow after striker ‘deletes Real Madrid tweet’
- Arsenal transfers: Wenger confirms he’s on the lookout for a striker
Things are looking up! QPR’s Jamie Mackie happy with new signings
Jamie Mackie believes QPR can take heart from the recent performances and new signings despite falling further adrift of safety
Jamie Mackie believes Queens Park Rangers can take heart from their recent performances and new signings despite falling four points adrift of Premier League safety on Saturday.
The Hoops completed deals for Chris Samba, Jermaine Jenas and Andros Townsend on deadline day after Loïc Rémy signed earlier in the January transfer window.
However, it did extend QPR’s unbeaten run to five Premier League games – and Mackie is feeling more optimistic about their prospects of survival following the club’s transfer dealings.
“It was good for the new lads to get a run out, they’re only going to help the squad. Things are certainly looking better for us,” Mackie told QPR’s website.
“Andros is direct and he’s willing to take players on, that’s what we need. And when you’ve got someone like Bobby [Zamora] on the pitch, you need deliveries into the box and Andros put a few balls in. He looked lively and he’s a youngster so he plays with no fear.”
Mackie added that it was vitally important that QPR replaced Ryan Nelsen, who has become Toronto’s new manager, and the Scotland international was pleased to see the Hoops complete a deal for Samba.
“Nellie has been absolutely tremendous for us, as has Clint Hill, so we needed someone to come in and replace Nellie and luckily we have managed to do that with someone of Chris’s stature,” said Mackie.
“He’s a monster, a powerful boy and hopefully he can score a few goals for us as well. If we can hang the ball up not too many people are going to beat him in the air.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Owen: Falcao is signing of the summer
- Is Falcao the signing Man Utd need?
- Falcao is top buy, declares Ronaldo
- PHOTO: Arsenal & Liverpool stars go to the cinema
- Cech won't rule out Chelsea exit