- Gibbs, Walcott & more: Twitter reacts to Arsenal’s £16m signing
- Photos: Arsenal unveil £16m signing Calum Chambers
- Liverpool transfers: Brendan Rodgers explains collapsed Loïc Rémy deal
- Aldridge & more: Twitter reacts as Liverpool sign Lovren
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal relaxed about potential signings
- Ronald Koeman tweets picture of empty Southampton training ground
Roberto Mancini: Manchester City can still retain Premier League crown
Roberto Mancini is still confident that Manchester City will be able to catch Manchester United in the title race this season
Roberto Mancini is still confident that Manchester City will be able to catch Manchester United and retain their Premier League crown this season.
City managed to claw back an eight-point deficit to win their first top-flight title since 1968 last season.
And the City boss is still convinced that his side have what it takes to pip United to the trophy again.
He said: “If we could do it like last year when we were eight points behind with six games to go, it’s not impossible that we can recover with 14 games left.
“We could recover five or six points and still lose, but we’ll do everything to win this championship.”
“[Beating Madrid] would be another two games for them. I will go there and support them with a red and white flag,” Mancini added.
“But playing Real is tough, they are one of the best in the world. Them and Barcelona.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Oxlade-Chamberlain hails Chambers's move
- Juventus confident of Vidal stay
- Van Gaal: I won't buy for the sake of it
- Liverpool hand Lovren No6 shirt
- Photos: Arsenal unveil new signing Chambers