- Video: Liverpool signing Lazar Markovic stars as Reds beat Man City
- Steven Gerrard looked up Liverpool signing Lazar Markovic on YouTube
- Cahill & more: Twitter reacts as Lukaku swaps Chelsea for Everton
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal get Khedira boost, Man Utd offered Mertens
- Man Utd transfers: Arturo Vidal is a Juve player, insists Beppe Marotta
- Man Utd transfers: Angel di Maria welcome at PSG, says Edinson Cavani
Van Persie is reaching Ronaldo’s level, says Man Utd boss Ferguson
Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson believes that Robin van Persie is close to reaching Cristiano Ronaldo's "level"
Sir Alex Ferguson believes that Robin van Persie is reaching Cristiano Ronaldo’s “level” after a stunning start to his Manchester United career.
Van Persie has netted 23 times in all competitions for the Red Devils since completing a £24m switch to Old Trafford from Arsenal last summer and currently tops the Premier League goal-scoring charts.
Ronaldo, who scored 118 goals in 292 games during his six-year stint at United, is set to line up against his former club at the Bernabéu on Wednesday.
And Ferguson admits that he has been delighted with the impact that the 29-year-old Dutchman has made since moving to the Premier League leaders.
“Cristiano was such a young man when he left me and you can see how he has flourished in Madrid,” said Ferguson.
“I never thought he would get the number of goals he has scored. “He and Lionel Messi are the best players in the world and Cristiano’s goal record is phenomenal.
“Robin is now approaching that level. He has been a breath of fresh air.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Wilshere makes a SPLASH in Arsenal training
- I'll prove my worth at West Ham, vows Jenkinson
- Three reasons why Vidal should join Man Utd
- Markovic stars as Liverpool beat Man City
- Gerrard excited by Liverpool's summer signings