- Tottenham transfers: Gary Lineker hails ‘solid’ signing Federico Fazio
- Transfer round-up: Man Utd make double bid, Arsenal to sign Carvalho
- Özil, Vieira & more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal edge past Besiktas
- Liverpool legend Jamie Carragher makes Man Utd ‘joke’ on Twitter
- Divock Origi explains why he picked Liverpool over Tottenham Hotspur
- Real Madrid didn’t appreciate Angel di Maria, says Man Utd signing’s father
He’s a constant nuisance! Ramos out to keep Man Utd’s RVP quiet
Sergio Ramos has described Robin van Persie as a "constant nuisance" ahead of Manchester United's trip to Real Madrid
Sergio Ramos has described Robin van Persie as a “constant nuisance” for defenders ahead of Real Madrid’s Champions League showdown with Manchester United on Wednesday.
The Dutchman has netted an impressive 23 goals for United in all competitions so far this season, his latest strike coming in the 2-0 win over Everton on Sunday.
And Real Madrid defender Ramos insists he needs no reminding of the 29-year-old’s threat ahead of the first leg of the last-16 tie at the Bernabéu on Wednesday.
“Van Persie is on very, very good form,” Ramos said. “We hadn’t seen him this good for years. He’s quick, strikes the ball well, he’s a constant nuisance.
“[Wayne] Rooney’s different. He’s hard-work, heavy going. He enjoys the physical challenge. I prefer that, to be honest. I like that defender versus striker battle, that challenge.”
Manchester United are currently 12 points clear at the top of the Premier League table.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Pochettino: I've always had faith in Kane
- Twitter reacts as Liverpool draw Real Madrid
- Liverpool 'pleased' with Champions League draw
- Arsenal handed Cerci boost
- PHOTOS: Kane impresses as Spurs beat Limassol