- Photos: Alexis Sánchez joins Arsenal squad ahead of Emirates Cup
- Aaron Ramsey thrilled to see Theo Walcott return to Arsenal training
- Photos: Jack Wilshere makes a SPLASH in Arsenal training
- No player too big for Arsenal, Arsène Wenger tells Liverpool captain
- Video: Liverpool signing Lazar Markovic stars as Reds beat Man City
- Arsenal’s Jack Wilshere in best shape for years, declares Arsène Wenger
He’s a constant nuisance! Ramos out to keep Man Utd’s RVP quiet
Sergio Ramos has described Robin van Persie as a "constant nuisance" ahead of Manchester United's trip to Real Madrid
Sergio Ramos has described Robin van Persie as a “constant nuisance” for defenders ahead of Real Madrid’s Champions League showdown with Manchester United on Wednesday.
The Dutchman has netted an impressive 23 goals for United in all competitions so far this season, his latest strike coming in the 2-0 win over Everton on Sunday.
And Real Madrid defender Ramos insists he needs no reminding of the 29-year-old’s threat ahead of the first leg of the last-16 tie at the Bernabéu on Wednesday.
“Van Persie is on very, very good form,” Ramos said. “We hadn’t seen him this good for years. He’s quick, strikes the ball well, he’s a constant nuisance.
“[Wayne] Rooney’s different. He’s hard-work, heavy going. He enjoys the physical challenge. I prefer that, to be honest. I like that defender versus striker battle, that challenge.”
Manchester United are currently 12 points clear at the top of the Premier League table.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Rodríguez urges Cuadrado to join Barcelona
- 'Van Gaal won't make same mistakes as Moyes'
- Lamela hoping for 'big season' at Spurs
- Ramsey thrilled to see Walcott return to training
- No player too big for Arsenal, Wenger tells Gerrard