- Aviva Premiership: Northampton Saints kick off the new season
- Guinness Pro12: Glasgow name strong squad for London Scottish clash
- Jason Robinson backs Sam Burgess to jump from League to Union
- Aviva Premiership: Will Helu eyeing London Wasps starting spot
- WRU and Welsh regions sign new £60m rugby agreement
- Aviva Premiership: Mike Ellery one of three signings at Saracens
Six Nations 2013: Pat MacArthur on bench for Scotland’s clash with Italy
Six Nations 2013: Uncapped hooker Pat MacArthur will be on the Scotland bench to face Italy in Saturday’s showdown
Uncapped hooker Pat MacArthur will be on the Scotland bench to face Italy in Saturday’s Six Nations clash at Murrayfield.
MacArthur will be in a Scotland match-day 23 for the first time after his Warriors team-mate, Dougie Hall, was ruled out through the knee injury he sustained against England.
And the 25-year-old Glasgow Warrior could not hide his delight at the news. “It’s a huge honour to have the chance to play for my country,” he said.
“It’s something I’ve dreamed about since I started playing mini rugby at Ayr and aimed for since I became a professional with Glasgow Warriors.”
Meanwhile, flanker Alasdair Strokosch, who suffered an eye injury in last weekend’s defeat by England, is expected to be out of action for four weeks.
Scotland team doctor James Robson said: “Alasdair was seen by a specialist at the Spire Murrayfield Hospital this week and the injury was diagnosed as a fracture of the orbital floor [the area around the eye].
“Alasdair is returning to his club in France and will be in their care. If he has no complications he should be available to return to action in four weeks’ time.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
- Glasgow name strong squad for London Scottish clash
- WRU & Welsh regions agree £60m deal
- Scott hopes Edinburgh can find perfect blend
- Hammett making his mark at Cardiff
- Heaslip calm on Leinster treble talk