- I wouldn’t sign Liverpool target Mario Balotelli for free, says ex-Man Utd star
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal hints at further signings
- Transfer round-up: Song in £10m Arsenal return, Man Utd bid for Vidal
- Photos: Özil and Mertesacker train as Arsenal gear up for Everton
- Liverpool transfers: Mario Balotelli a bargain at £16m, says Harry Redknapp
- Transfer round-up: Reus in talks with Arsenal, Tottenham to sign Fazio
Tottenham’s Gareth Bale is like Cristiano Ronaldo – Harry Redknapp
QPR manager Harry Redknapp believes Tottenham Hotspur star Gareth Bale is the "best left winger in the world"
Harry Redknapp has compared Gareth Bale to Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo, insisting the Tottenham man is “the best left winger in the world”.
Bale continued his goal-scoring exploits for Wales on Wednesday, with the former Southampton youth graduate netting as Chris Coleman’s men beat Austria in a friendly.
QPR manager Redknapp worked with Bale during his three-and-a-half year reign at Spurs, giving the midfielder a chance to stake a first-team place at White Hart Lane.
And the Hoops boss ranks Bale as one of the best in the world, adding the Welsh wizard is in the same class of former Manchester United star Ronaldo.
“He’s got everything. He’s like Ronaldo. He’s six foot two, massive strong, head it, run, shoot with both feet, dribble. He’s missing nothing. He’s a great lad.
“He’s not a striker. He plays where he plays. He can play anywhere.
“He’d be the best left back in the world if he went there again. Best attacking left back but he’s the best left winger in the world.”
Bale has scored 42 goals in 187 appearances for Tottenham after completing a £7m move to Spurs from the Saints in 2007.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Liverpool interested in Balotelli 'for months'
- Get 10/1 on Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs to win!
- Cattermole: Sunderland not afraid of Man Utd
- Pochettino: Remy a very good player
- Jones: Lovren can fill Carragher's void