- Aaron Ramsey thrilled to see Theo Walcott return to Arsenal training
- Photos: Alexis Sánchez joins Arsenal squad ahead of Emirates Cup
- No player too big for Arsenal, Arsène Wenger tells Liverpool captain
- Photos: Jack Wilshere makes a SPLASH in Arsenal training
- Video: Liverpool signing Lazar Markovic stars as Reds beat Man City
- Arsenal’s Jack Wilshere in best shape for years, declares Arsène Wenger
Tottenham’s Gareth Bale is like Cristiano Ronaldo – Harry Redknapp
QPR manager Harry Redknapp believes Tottenham Hotspur star Gareth Bale is the "best left winger in the world"
Harry Redknapp has compared Gareth Bale to Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo, insisting the Tottenham man is “the best left winger in the world”.
Bale continued his goal-scoring exploits for Wales on Wednesday, with the former Southampton youth graduate netting as Chris Coleman’s men beat Austria in a friendly.
QPR manager Redknapp worked with Bale during his three-and-a-half year reign at Spurs, giving the midfielder a chance to stake a first-team place at White Hart Lane.
And the Hoops boss ranks Bale as one of the best in the world, adding the Welsh wizard is in the same class of former Manchester United star Ronaldo.
“He’s got everything. He’s like Ronaldo. He’s six foot two, massive strong, head it, run, shoot with both feet, dribble. He’s missing nothing. He’s a great lad.
“He’s not a striker. He plays where he plays. He can play anywhere.
“He’d be the best left back in the world if he went there again. Best attacking left back but he’s the best left winger in the world.”
Bale has scored 42 goals in 187 appearances for Tottenham after completing a £7m move to Spurs from the Saints in 2007.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Rodríguez urges Cuadrado to join Barcelona
- 'Van Gaal won't make same mistakes as Moyes'
- Lamela hoping for 'big season' at Spurs
- Ramsey thrilled to see Walcott return to training
- No player too big for Arsenal, Wenger tells Gerrard