- Man Utd transfers: Arturo Vidal ‘will join Red Devils next month’
- Transfer round-up: Man Utd close in on Di Maria, Arsenal sign £3m Ospina
- Arsenal transfers: Lukas Podolski urges Sami Khedira to join Gunners
- Mauricio Pochettino hails Tottenham’s ‘unbelievable’ Erik Lamela
- Tottenham transfers: New signings possible, says Mauricio Pochettino
- Photos: Arsenal jet off to USA for New York Red Bulls clash
Antonio Cassano names son after Barcelona star Lionel Messi
Inter Milan striker Antonio Cassano has named his second boy Lionel after Barcelona's all-conquering talisman Lionel Messi
Inter Milan striker Antonio Cassano has managed to convince his wife to name their second child after Barcelona star Lionel Messi.
The Italy international’s spouse gave birth to a baby boy on Monday night and Cassano decided to pay homage to the Argentina international, who is regarded as one of the best-ever footballers.
“I named my second son Lionel because of the best player in the world – Messi,” Cassano, who previously played for Barca’s arch rivals Real Madrid, told Italian TV show Undici.
“Lionel was born, he’s my Messi. I’ve given this as homage to the greatest player of all time. I named my son after Messi because I love him, on a football side.
“My wife didn’t want that name, but then I convinced her.”
Lionel Cassano was born at 2010 local time on Monday night and weighed in at 3.3kg.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Van Gaal hints at defensive signings for Man Utd
- Herrera: My Man Utd debut was a dream
- Shaqiri plays down exit speculation
- Rodgers: Coutinho the brain of Liverpool side
- Pochettino: Lamela is unbelievable