- Video: Liverpool signing Lazar Markovic stars as Reds beat Man City
- Man Utd’s Juan Mata sees funny side after Wayne Rooney mix-up
- Photos: Jack Wilshere turns photographer for Arsenal training
- Steven Gerrard looked up Liverpool signing Lazar Markovic on YouTube
- Cahill & more: Twitter reacts as Lukaku swaps Chelsea for Everton
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal to miss out on Khedira, Fellaini to quit Man Utd
Antonio Cassano names son after Barcelona star Lionel Messi
Inter Milan striker Antonio Cassano has named his second boy Lionel after Barcelona's all-conquering talisman Lionel Messi
Inter Milan striker Antonio Cassano has managed to convince his wife to name their second child after Barcelona star Lionel Messi.
The Italy international’s spouse gave birth to a baby boy on Monday night and Cassano decided to pay homage to the Argentina international, who is regarded as one of the best-ever footballers.
“I named my second son Lionel because of the best player in the world – Messi,” Cassano, who previously played for Barca’s arch rivals Real Madrid, told Italian TV show Undici.
“Lionel was born, he’s my Messi. I’ve given this as homage to the greatest player of all time. I named my son after Messi because I love him, on a football side.
“My wife didn’t want that name, but then I convinced her.”
Lionel Cassano was born at 2010 local time on Monday night and weighed in at 3.3kg.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Three reasons why Vidal should join Man Utd
- Markovic stars as Liverpool beat Man City
- Gerrard excited by Liverpool's summer signings
- Torres is staying at Chelsea, insists Mourinho
- Moreno should reject Liverpool, says Aspas