- Photo: Mario Balotelli pays tribute to Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal to sign £21m Carvalho, Man Utd in Vidal talks
- Parlour, Lineker and more: Twitter reacts as Leicester hold Arsenal
- Man Utd transfers: Neville wants centre-half after Falcao signing
- Parlour and more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal close in on Welbeck
- Arsenal dealt Radamel Falcao blow after striker ‘deletes Real Madrid tweet’
Antonio Cassano names son after Barcelona star Lionel Messi
Inter Milan striker Antonio Cassano has named his second boy Lionel after Barcelona's all-conquering talisman Lionel Messi
Inter Milan striker Antonio Cassano has managed to convince his wife to name their second child after Barcelona star Lionel Messi.
The Italy international’s spouse gave birth to a baby boy on Monday night and Cassano decided to pay homage to the Argentina international, who is regarded as one of the best-ever footballers.
“I named my second son Lionel because of the best player in the world – Messi,” Cassano, who previously played for Barca’s arch rivals Real Madrid, told Italian TV show Undici.
“Lionel was born, he’s my Messi. I’ve given this as homage to the greatest player of all time. I named my son after Messi because I love him, on a football side.
“My wife didn’t want that name, but then I convinced her.”
Lionel Cassano was born at 2010 local time on Monday night and weighed in at 3.3kg.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- PHOTOS: What Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Man Utd unveil £14m signing Blind
- Blind great addition, says Van Gaal
- Blind revels in dream move to Man Utd
- Twitter reacts as Arsenal close in on Welbeck