- Photos: Balotelli and Lallana train with Liverpool ahead of Tottenham trip
- Man Utd transfers: ‘Nigel de Jong would be good signing for Red Devils’
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal set to sign Falcao, Man Utd snap up teenager
- Man Utd transfers: ‘Juan Mata’s Red Devils future in danger’
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal hints at more signings
- Photos: Joel Campbell and Abou Diaby shine in Arsenal U21 win
Antonio Cassano names son after Barcelona star Lionel Messi
Inter Milan striker Antonio Cassano has named his second boy Lionel after Barcelona's all-conquering talisman Lionel Messi
Inter Milan striker Antonio Cassano has managed to convince his wife to name their second child after Barcelona star Lionel Messi.
The Italy international’s spouse gave birth to a baby boy on Monday night and Cassano decided to pay homage to the Argentina international, who is regarded as one of the best-ever footballers.
“I named my second son Lionel because of the best player in the world – Messi,” Cassano, who previously played for Barca’s arch rivals Real Madrid, told Italian TV show Undici.
“Lionel was born, he’s my Messi. I’ve given this as homage to the greatest player of all time. I named my son after Messi because I love him, on a football side.
“My wife didn’t want that name, but then I convinced her.”
Lionel Cassano was born at 2010 local time on Monday night and weighed in at 3.3kg.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Özil is not getting enough praise, says Wenger
- Pochettino: Fazio must adapt to Spurs philosophy
- Rose: Pochettino has already improved me
- Back Man City & four more to win at 10/1!
- PHOTOS: Man Utd gear up for Burnley trip