- Tottenham transfers: Gary Lineker hails ‘solid’ signing Federico Fazio
- Liverpool legend Jamie Carragher makes Man Utd ‘joke’ on Twitter
- Vertonghen & more: Twitter reacts as Dawson swaps Tottenham for Hull
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal rules out any further signings
- Özil, Vieira & more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal edge past Besiktas
- Rooney, Lineker & more: Twitter reacts as Di Maria completes Man Utd move
Arsenal’s Abou Diaby ‘very happy’ despite injury-hit season
Arsenal's Abou Diaby says he is "very happy" with his improved health despite missing a large chunk of the season through injury
Abou Diaby says he is “very happy” with his improved health despite the Arsenal midfielder missing three months of the season through injury.
The France international has made just 14 starts in all competitions for the Gunners this term after a thigh problem kept the 26-year-old sidelined throughout October, November and December.
Diaby started a mere 17 games in the two previous seasons, but the Arsenal midfielder is confident that he can maintain his fitness in the future after making crucial improvements to his diet and training.
“I am very happy to have made this number of starts,” Diaby told Arsenal’s website.
“I got injured for three months, which is a large part of the season, but even so I have still made 14 starts, which is really good. We also have nine games to go, so I will get to 16 or 17 or more, which is good.
“I have tried to look after myself a lot this season by having good treatment, a good recovery [period] and all the things that make a player better.
“I have improved my diet a lot, my lifestyle has always been OK because I don’t go out too much and have always been a guy who stays at home and rests. I do all the exercises I need to improve my strength and my muscle weaknesses.
“I am still young and I know that I have many years left at the top level. I just need to look after myself every day and everything will be OK.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Twitter reacts as Arsenal edge past Besiktas
- Wenger open to further Arsenal signings
- Giroud ruled out until December
- PHOTOS: Sánchez fires Arsenal into group stage
- Man Utd are a joke! Carragher makes Twitter dig