- Photo: Mario Balotelli pays tribute to Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal to sign £21m Carvalho, Man Utd in Vidal talks
- Parlour, Lineker and more: Twitter reacts as Leicester hold Arsenal
- Arsenal dealt Radamel Falcao blow after striker ‘deletes Real Madrid tweet’
- Arsenal transfers: Wenger confirms he’s on the lookout for a striker
- ‘Rene Meulensteen return would be great news for Man Utd’
Arsenal’s Arsène Wenger insists Gareth Bale’s hot streak won’t last
Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger says Gareth Bale's stunning form won't last ahead of the Gunners's clash against Tottenham
Arsène Wenger has claimed that Gareth Bale’s current hot streak “will not last forever” ahead of Arsenal’s clash against Tottenham at White Hart Lane on Sunday.
The Wales international has received widespread acclaim after another match-winning display as he scored twice in a 3-2 victory over West Ham United.
The 23-year-old has netted 15 goals in 23 Premier League appearances for Spurs, winning his side a valuable 15 points this term in their hunt for a fourth-place finish.
Unsurprisingly, Bale has been touted as one of the favourites to win the PFA Players’ Player of the Year award, but Wenger is adamant the Southampton youth star’s form cannot last forever.
“He has good pace, a good shot and his pace is an advantage to use with his shot,” said Wenger.
“And at the moment he has a good conversion rate between the chances he creates and the goals he scores. But that goes in cycles. No [he won't play like this forever].
“To maintain that conversion rate, which I think is the best in Europe, is very, very difficult.”
Bale has scored four goals against Arsenal after completing a £7m move to Spurs from Southampton in 2007.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Agger pens open letter to Liverpool fans
- Photo: Suárez bids Liverpool team-mates farewell
- PHOTO: Sturridge wishes himself happy birthday
- PHOTO: Suárez gives Gerrard signed Barcelona shirt
- 'Falcao would have slotted in Arsenal side'