- Gibbs, Walcott & more: Twitter reacts to Arsenal’s £16m signing
- Photos: Arsenal unveil £16m signing Calum Chambers
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal relaxed about potential signings
- Aldridge & more: Twitter reacts as Liverpool sign Lovren
- Liverpool transfers: Brendan Rodgers explains collapsed Loïc Rémy deal
- The new Chambo! Arsenal forward hails new signing Calum Chambers
Arsenal’s Wenger sings Fabianski’s praises after Bayern display
Arsène Wenger singled out Lukasz Fabianski for special praise after the Arsenal goalkeeper impressed in midweek at Bayern Munich
Arsène Wenger has singled out Lukasz Fabianski for special praise after the Arsenal goalkeeper impressed in his first game in over a year on Wednesday.
Wenger opted to rest first-choice shot-stopper Wojciech Szczesny, who he claimed was “mentally” fatigued, in favour of Fabianski for the Gunners’ 2-0 win at Bayern Munich.
The 27-year-old produced a largely impressive display at the Allianz Arena and has given the Gunners boss a selection headache ahead of Arsenal’s trip to Swansea on Saturday.
“He played with authority. We know his talent and I’m very happy with his performance,” Wenger told Arsenal Player.
“He has changed a lot, there has been a complete mental transformation in Lukasz’s attitude. He is more vocal, has more authority and mentally he absorbs the pressure of the game much better.
“He has a huge talent, which we know all about. Sometimes to go out of the game for a while helps people to mature and think about their own game. If they really want to become a better player, they think, ‘How can I become better’.
“I think it is a combination of both [working with him and his own maturity] but I would give him 90 per cent of the credit. He works on all the aspects of his game.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Oxlade-Chamberlain hails Chambers's move
- Juventus confident of Vidal stay
- Van Gaal: I won't buy for the sake of it
- Liverpool hand Lovren No6 shirt
- Photos: Arsenal unveil new signing Chambers