- Man Utd transfers: Arturo Vidal ‘will join Red Devils next month’
- Arsène Wenger: I couldn’t play Aaron Ramsey at The Emirates
- Mauricio Pochettino hails Tottenham’s ‘unbelievable’ Erik Lamela
- Arsenal transfers: Lukas Podolski urges Sami Khedira to join Gunners
- Transfer round-up: Khedira hopeful of Arsenal move, Man Utd in Turan talks
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal hints at reinforcements
Arsenal’s Wenger sings Fabianski’s praises after Bayern display
Arsène Wenger singled out Lukasz Fabianski for special praise after the Arsenal goalkeeper impressed in midweek at Bayern Munich
Arsène Wenger has singled out Lukasz Fabianski for special praise after the Arsenal goalkeeper impressed in his first game in over a year on Wednesday.
Wenger opted to rest first-choice shot-stopper Wojciech Szczesny, who he claimed was “mentally” fatigued, in favour of Fabianski for the Gunners’ 2-0 win at Bayern Munich.
The 27-year-old produced a largely impressive display at the Allianz Arena and has given the Gunners boss a selection headache ahead of Arsenal’s trip to Swansea on Saturday.
“He played with authority. We know his talent and I’m very happy with his performance,” Wenger told Arsenal Player.
“He has changed a lot, there has been a complete mental transformation in Lukasz’s attitude. He is more vocal, has more authority and mentally he absorbs the pressure of the game much better.
“He has a huge talent, which we know all about. Sometimes to go out of the game for a while helps people to mature and think about their own game. If they really want to become a better player, they think, ‘How can I become better’.
“I think it is a combination of both [working with him and his own maturity] but I would give him 90 per cent of the credit. He works on all the aspects of his game.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Rodgers likens Coutinho to ex-Tottenham star
- Torino chief wants Cerci decision
- Shaqiri 'staying at Bayern Munich'
- Arsenal can kick on, insists Arteta
- Wenger: Sanchez has qualities Arsenal lack