- Tottenham transfers: Gary Lineker hails ‘solid’ signing Federico Fazio
- Man Utd transfers: ‘Nigel de Jong would be good signing for Red Devils’
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal set to sign Falcao, Man Utd snap up teenager
- Photos: Balotelli and Lallana train with Liverpool ahead of Tottenham trip
- Man Utd transfers: ‘Juan Mata’s Red Devils future in danger’
- Photos: Joel Campbell and Abou Diaby shine in Arsenal U21 win
Arsenal target El Shaarawy has huge potential, says Prince-Boateng
AC Milan midfielder Kevin Prince-Boateng says Arsenal target Stephan El Shaarawy has "huge potential" after impressing this term
Kevin Prince-Boateng believes AC Milan midfielder Stephan El Shaarawy has “huge potential” amid reported interest from Arsenal.
The 20-year-old has been a sensation for Milan this season, scoring 16 goals in 26 Serie A games to almost single-handedly keep his side’s top-three aspirations on track.
The Italy international has attracted interest from a host of Europe’s top clubs, including the Gunners, and Boateng backed his team-mate to have a bright future.
“El Shaarawy has huge potential. He’s a very cheeky player , and I like those types of players. Those who don’t care if they play against Barcelona or Cagliari,” he said.
Before the January transfer window, Arsène Wenger admitted the former Padova striker was the type of player who could slot into his Arsenal side.
“El Shaarawy is a very mobile, very technical young player. His philosophy fits perfectly with mine,” Wenger told Eurosport in December.
However, Wenger faces a tough task in luring El Shaarawy to The Emirates, with Milan reported to value the forward at £25m.
The Rossoneri star has scored 23 goals in 63 appearances for the San Siro outfit after joining the seven-time European champions from Padova in 2011.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Why Bilbao will be a force in group stage
- Fantasy Football: This weekend's best picks
- Van Gaal hints at further Man Utd signings
- 'Man Utd target Cuadrado staying at Fiorentina'
- Man Utd's Rojo still waiting for work permit