- Loïc Rémy will be loved at Liverpool, says Gerard Houllier
- Aldridge & more: Twitter reacts as Liverpool sign Lovren
- Photos: Emre Can & Lazar Markovic look to impress in Liverpool training
- Liverpool transfers: Brendan Rodgers explains collapsed Loïc Rémy deal
- Wojciech Szczesny welcomes Arsenal signing David Ospina
- Gareth Bale always spoke highly of Tottenham, reveals Ben Davies
Chelsea transfers: Morrison wants Lukaku to extend West Brom loan
Chelsea transfers: West Brom's James Morrison wants the Blues to allow Romelu Lukaku to extend his loan stay at the Baggies
James Morrison has urged Chelsea to allow Romelu Lukaku to return to West Bromwich Albion on loan next season.
The Belgium international, who joined the Baggies on a season-long switch from Chelsea in August, scored his side’s opener in a 2-1 victory over Swansea City on Saturday.
And Morrison believes Lukaku would be best served spending another season at the Hawthorns to aid his development before returning to Chelsea.
“Romelu’s goals are one of the reasons we are where we are. Hopefully the club can get the deal sorted,” said Morrison.
“He is a pleasure to have and I think he will be even better next season. Will he benefit from another season at West Brom? Definitely. You think how young he is for such a big unit.
“He’s got a lot of hard work to go but I’m sure he is going to be a top player. I’m sure Chelsea are going to develop him.
“He is big and strong and scores goals and is quick and powerful. He is a handful for anyone.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Photos: Arsenal unveil new signing Chambers
- Twitter reacts to Arsenal's £16m signing
- Arsenal give Chambers No21 shirt
- Walcott welcomes Chambers to Arsenal
- Chambers's gives first Arsenal interview