- Man Utd transfers: Seven players who could rescue the Red Devils
- ‘Cesc Fàbregas would have picked Man Utd over Chelsea’
- Man Utd transfers: Angel Di Maria asks to leave Real Madrid
- Photos: Robin van Persie & Wayne Rooney all smiles at Man Utd training
- Liverpool transfers: Mario Balotelli a bargain at £16m, says Harry Redknapp
- Transfer round-up: Reus in talks with Arsenal, Tottenham to sign Fazio
Chelsea transfers: Morrison wants Lukaku to extend West Brom loan
Chelsea transfers: West Brom's James Morrison wants the Blues to allow Romelu Lukaku to extend his loan stay at the Baggies
James Morrison has urged Chelsea to allow Romelu Lukaku to return to West Bromwich Albion on loan next season.
The Belgium international, who joined the Baggies on a season-long switch from Chelsea in August, scored his side’s opener in a 2-1 victory over Swansea City on Saturday.
And Morrison believes Lukaku would be best served spending another season at the Hawthorns to aid his development before returning to Chelsea.
“Romelu’s goals are one of the reasons we are where we are. Hopefully the club can get the deal sorted,” said Morrison.
“He is a pleasure to have and I think he will be even better next season. Will he benefit from another season at West Brom? Definitely. You think how young he is for such a big unit.
“He’s got a lot of hard work to go but I’m sure he is going to be a top player. I’m sure Chelsea are going to develop him.
“He is big and strong and scores goals and is quick and powerful. He is a handful for anyone.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Heskey admits Balotelli concerns
- Wilshere braced for tough Everton test
- Fantasy Football: This weekend's best picks
- VIDEO: Moyes takes ice bucket challenge
- Balotelli a bargain at £16m, says Redknapp