- Gibbs, Walcott & more: Twitter reacts to Arsenal’s £16m signing
- Photos: Arsenal unveil £16m signing Calum Chambers
- Liverpool transfers: Marco Reus wanted by massive clubs, says agent
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal relaxed about potential signings
- The new Chambo! Arsenal forward hails new signing Calum Chambers
- Liverpool transfers: ‘Reds in trouble after failing to sign Loïc Rémy’
I love playing with Eden Hazard, declares Kevin De Bruyne
Kevin De Bruyne believes his understanding with Eden Hazard could develop into a blossoming partnership for Chelsea and Belgium
Kevin De Bruyne believes his understanding with Eden Hazard is set to develop into a blossoming partnership for Chelsea and Belgium in years to come.
The 21-year-old De Bruyne, who moved to Chelsea last summer after being signed by the Blues from Genk in January 2012, is yet to make an appearance for the west Londoners after being sent out on loan to Werder Bremen last August.
Hazard and De Bruyne have been team-mates at international level for some time and the midfielder believes the pair would be a hit in the same team at Stamford Bridge.
“I love to play with Eden, I know him already. We played together for a long time in the youth national team at the same age,” De Bruyne, who has scored six goals in 25 appearances in all competitions for Werder Bremen this season, is quoted as saying by the Sun.
“International football is a very high level so I think you can compare it with Chelsea.
“All the players in our national team also play in big clubs in England and all over the world. So you can compare it.”
De Bruyne signed for Chelsea in January 2012 for £7m after scoring 17 goals and making 36 assists in 107 appearances for Genk between 2008 and 2012.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Bentaleb hopes to kick on under Pochettino
- Bony can leave for right price, says Swansea chief
- McCarthy flattered by Man Utd link
- Back Cavani to join Man Utd at 6/5 or Liverpool at 3/1!
- Diaby hopes to stay injury-free