- Loïc Rémy will be loved at Liverpool, says Gerard Houllier
- Photos: Emre Can & Lazar Markovic look to impress in Liverpool training
- Aldridge & more: Twitter reacts as Liverpool sign Lovren
- Wojciech Szczesny welcomes Arsenal signing David Ospina
- Gareth Bale always spoke highly of Tottenham, reveals Ben Davies
- Transfer round-up: Man Utd monitor Di Maria, Arsenal chase Costa
Gareth Bale hints at Tottenham stay by signing pundit deal with BT
Gareth Bale hints he could stay at Tottenham beyond the summer after signing a deal to be a guest pundit on BT's TV channels
Gareth Bale has hinted that he could remain at Tottenham beyond the summer after penning a three-year deal to be a guest pundit on BT’s TV channels.
The in-demand Tottenham forward, who has netted 25 goals in all competitions this season, will also help market BT’s campaigns for its 38 live Premier League games from next season.
Bale has been linked with a big-money summer move to Spain but the signing of the deal appears to suggest that the 23-year-old is ready to stay in England even if Spurs miss out on a Champions League spot.
“I am delighted to continue my relationship with BT by becoming a BT Ambassador,” said Bale, who previously helped BT market their ‘Vision’ product.
“I feel honoured to join an exciting band of inspirational sporting figures, which has included Olympic heroes like the Brownlee brothers and Paralympic gold medallist Jonnie Peacock.
“A great deal has changed in my football career since my first partnership with BT, and I am happy to extend that relationship for the next three years,” said Bale.
“I am excited about the launch of BT Sport and I am happy to play my part in making it a big hit.”
Head of BT Sport Simon Green added: “We are delighted that we’ve managed to do what dozens of top football managers would like to do – sign Gareth Bale.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Twitter reacts as Liverpool sign Lovren
- Lovren can't wait to link up with Liverpool squad
- Rodgers: Lovren an important Liverpool signing
- Liverpool complete £20m Lovren signing
- Arsenal target Griezmann set to join Atletico