- Tottenham transfers: Gary Lineker hails ‘solid’ signing Federico Fazio
- Liverpool legend Jamie Carragher makes Man Utd ‘joke’ on Twitter
- Vertonghen & more: Twitter reacts as Dawson swaps Tottenham for Hull
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal rules out any further signings
- Rooney, Lineker & more: Twitter reacts as Di Maria completes Man Utd move
- Özil, Vieira & more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal edge past Besiktas
Gareth Bale delighted by Tottenham’s stellar display against Inter Milan
Gareth Bale admits his delight at scoring his 11th goal in nine games to set Tottenham on their way to victory over Inter
Gareth Bale admitted his delight at scoring his 11th goal in nine games to set Tottenham on their way to victory over Inter Milan at White Hart Lane.
Bale opened the scoring in the sixth minute when he glanced home Gylfi Sigurdsson’s cross, before the Iceland international added one of his own and Jan Vertonghen made it 3-0 shortly after half-time.
And the 23-year-old Wales international, who has now only failed to score in one of his last nine matches, was pleased to keep his impressive run going.
“We played well,” Bale, who will miss the return leg at the San Siro after picking up a yellow card on Thursday, told Tottenham’s website.
“I thought we set the tempo from the first whistle and made it difficult for them. It was a great performance and a worthy result.
“It’s always nice to get a goal. I’m enjoying my football at the moment and it was a great performance. We take a good lead into the second leg with no away goals for them.”
And Spurs boss André Villas-Boas was also thrilled with the manner of his side’s commanding victory.
“It was a great European night and a great win for the lads,” said the Spurs coach.
“After we beat Lyon there was a buzz in the dressing room to play an opponent of this dimension and we managed to have a great performance.
“The players pressed hard and caused Inter lots of problems. We had some good chances and could have made it 2-0 even earlier.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Twitter reacts as Arsenal edge past Besiktas
- Wenger open to further Arsenal signings
- Giroud ruled out until December
- PHOTOS: Sánchez fires Arsenal into group stage
- Man Utd are a joke! Carragher makes Twitter dig