- Man Utd’s Juan Mata sees funny side after Wayne Rooney mix-up
- Photos: Jack Wilshere turns photographer for Arsenal training
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal to miss out on Khedira, Fellaini to quit Man Utd
- Barkley, Neville & more: Twitter reacts as Chelsea man nears Everton move
- Paul Scholes: Jack Wilshere can come of age at Arsenal this season
- Liverpool transfers: Rodgers rejects Tottenham comparisons
He’s going nowhere! Redknapp expects Lampard to stay at Chelsea
QPR manager Harry Redknapp says he expects England international Frank Lampard to be at Chelsea next season
Frank Lampard will still be a Chelsea player next season, according to the midfielder’s uncle Harry Redknapp.
The England international is yet to be offered a new deal at Stamford Bridge despite scoring 11 Premier League goals this term, with the 34-year-old’s current contract set to expire in the summer.
Lampard has been linked with a move to David Beckham’s former club LA Galaxy or a possible switch to the Far East, while even Manchester United have been touted as a controversial destination.
But QPR boss Redknapp expects the Blues to secure Lampard’s future in the coming months despite the mounting speculation surrounding the three-time Premier League winner’s future.
“I still think Frank will be at Chelsea next year,” said Redknapp. “That’s my gut feeling.
“If he doesn’t, then there will be a whole host of top clubs in England and the rest of the world to take him. I’d be very surprised if he’s not there next season.”
Another veteran midfielder who has caught Rednapp’s eye is Manchester United legend Ryan Giggs, and the QPR boss hailed the 39-year-old, who penned a one-year extension on Friday.
“What can I say about Ryan Giggs? He’s just fantastic,” added Redknapp.
“[He is] a great player. He’s a brilliant professional and just keeps going. He changes from being the best flying winger in the Premier League to a central-midfield player who can control the game. He’s a good lad too.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Photos: Costa & Fabregas impress v Vitesse
- Video: Fàbregas scores first Chelsea goal
- Twitter reacts as Lukaku completes Everton move
- Martinez hails historic Lukaku signing
- Lukaku hopes to progress at Chelsea