- US Open 2014: Grigor Dimitrov braced for tough Gael Monfils test
- US Open 2014: Victoria Azarenka sings happy birthday to Gael Monfils
- US Open 2014: Roger Federer and New York storm into fourth round
- Make it quick! Wozniacki asks Federer for swift US Open fourth-round win
- US Open 2014: Wozniacki & Errani progress as Williams & Azarenka kick their heels
- Photo: Roger Federer asks where the 2014 US Open road will take him
Indian Wells 2013: Novak Djokovic high on confidence after win
Indian Wells 2013: Top seed Novak Djokovic says he is brimming with confidence after three-set victory over Fabio Fognini
Novak Djokovic says he is brimming with confidence after stretching his unbeaten run to 19 matches with a three-set victory over Fabio Fognini in the second round at Indian Wells.
The Serb, who is yet to lose a match in 2013, secured a 6-0 5-7 6-2 win over his Italian opponent to set up a third-round clash with No31 seed Grigor Dimitrov in California.
“Mentally I was there,” said world No1 Djokovic. “Confidence level is high obviously because of the run I had this year. Game wise, everything works.
“I had a very bad game at 4-2, couple of unforced errors, got him back in the match. Next thing you know, we’re one set all and a couple of tight games.
“But I’m not concerned. I know I have been in this situation before where I had minor setbacks in a match, especially in the opening matches where I’m trying to get used to the court, the conditions, and so forth. In the end, I have done what I needed to do. So I feel good about myself.”
Elsewhere, eighth seed Jo-Wilfried Tsonga secured his third-round spot with a 7-6 (6) 6-4 victory over American wild card James Blake. The Frenchman will face Mardy Fish for a place in the next round.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
- VIDEO: Azarenka sings happy birthday to Monfils
- Williams 'excited' after reaching last eight
- Murray races to re-run of classic 2012 Djokovic final
- Wozniacki: Please make it a quick win Roger!
- PHOTO: Federer in philosophical mood