- Commonwealth Games 2014: Louis Smith helps England take gold
- Commonwealth Games 2014: Proud follows Hasall’s golden lead
- Mark Cavendish skips Giro D’Italia to focus on Tour de France
- Commonwealth Games 2014: Sharman edged out in hurdles thriller
- Commonwealth Games 2014 preview: Proud ready for freestyle final
- Squash flagged up by 2014 Commonwealth Games
Jade Jones targets world gold after returning to winning ways
Jade Jones has immediately set her sights on upgrading silver to gold at the World Taekwondo Championships
Olympic champion Jade Jones immediately set her sights on upgrading silver to gold at the World Taekwondo Championships after returning to winning ways at the German Open in Hamburg.
The 19-year-old, who won Olympic gold in the 57kg category at London 2012 last summer, lost first time out at the Trelleborg Open in Sweden last month.
However she bounced back in style in Hamburg defeating Russian Daria Zhuravleva 13-11 in the -57kg final while she had earlier come from 4-1 down to beat Vinciane Douet 7-6.
And, with the World Championships scheduled for Mexico in July, Jones, who won silver two years ago in South Korea, is desperate to go one step further this time around.
“After the disappointment of losing in Sweden I was determined to do well here,” said Jones. “So I was really happy with my performances.
“Now, it’s all about my preparations for the World Championships. I only got silver last time and I’d love to win gold.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
- Proud follows Hasall's golden lead
- Sharman edged out in hurdles thriller
- Smith helps England take gold
- Proud ready for 50m freestyle final
- England's Gemili wins 100m silver