- Commonwealth Games 2014: Max Whitlock leads home nation clean sweep
- Katherine Grainger tips Helen Glover to follow her lead
- Sochi 2014: Have foreign coaches opened up short track speed skating?
- London 2012 Olympic rowing: GB men’s coxless four strike gold again
- Kirani James hails home fans after 400m win at Sainsbury’s Grand Prix
- London 2012: Olympic organisers reveal ticket designs
Jade Jones targets world gold after returning to winning ways
Jade Jones has immediately set her sights on upgrading silver to gold at the World Taekwondo Championships
Olympic champion Jade Jones immediately set her sights on upgrading silver to gold at the World Taekwondo Championships after returning to winning ways at the German Open in Hamburg.
The 19-year-old, who won Olympic gold in the 57kg category at London 2012 last summer, lost first time out at the Trelleborg Open in Sweden last month.
However she bounced back in style in Hamburg defeating Russian Daria Zhuravleva 13-11 in the -57kg final while she had earlier come from 4-1 down to beat Vinciane Douet 7-6.
And, with the World Championships scheduled for Mexico in July, Jones, who won silver two years ago in South Korea, is desperate to go one step further this time around.
“After the disappointment of losing in Sweden I was determined to do well here,” said Jones. “So I was really happy with my performances.
“Now, it’s all about my preparations for the World Championships. I only got silver last time and I’d love to win gold.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
- James hails home fans after 400m win
- Farah breaks British record over two miles
- Seven medals for GB at Euro swimming championhips
- Farah makes history as GB end Euros on a high
- Rutherford prepared to jump big at Euros