- Gibbs, Walcott & more: Twitter reacts to Arsenal’s £16m signing
- Liverpool transfers: Marco Reus wanted by massive clubs, says agent
- Photos: Arsenal unveil £16m signing Calum Chambers
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal relaxed about potential signings
- Liverpool transfers: ‘Reds in trouble after failing to sign Loïc Rémy’
- The new Chambo! Arsenal forward hails new signing Calum Chambers
Liverpool are very lucky to have Luis Suárez, admits Pepe Reina
Liverpool goalkeeper Pepe Reina says the Merseyside outfit are "very lucky" to have Luis Suárez in their squad
Pepe Reina believes Liverpool are “very lucky” to have Luis Suárez, saying that he is “proud” to play in the same team as the striker.
Suárez has been the club’s standout performer in a difficult campaign, with the Reds still adjusting to life under new manager Brendan Rodgers.
The 26-year-old has been linked with a possible move to Bayern Munich and Juventus in the summer – and Reina says he is honoured to be the striker’s team-mate.
“Liverpool are very lucky to have Luis,” said Reina.
“Every day I am proud to say that I share a dressing room with such a big player. He is 100 per cent all the time.
“He can create the chances himself from nothing. He can be a killer in the box. But he can also provide assistance to the team and be involved all the time.
“He is not just a proper striker in the box. He looks to create.”
Reina also believes that Liverpool are finishing the season in the right manner after scoring a total of nine goals in recent victories over Swansea and Wigan.
“We are going into the last 10 games with a positive feeling. We feel we are in the right way.
“This year has been important for us in terms of getting to know what the manager wants and develop the ideas.
“We have to be ready for the very first game of next season to challenge.
“We know the ideas and philosophies of the manager. It is getting better and better so hopefully we will be ready to compete.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Liverpool unveil new signing Origi
- Origi: Mignolet says Liverpool is perfect for me
- Rodgers: Origi one of world's brightest talents
- Origi vows to 'maximise' Liverpool chance
- Photos: Man Utd squad meet tennis stars