- Rio Ferdinand: Danny Welbeck will ‘flourish’ as Arsenal’s No1 striker
- Photos: Arsenal unveil new signing Danny Welbeck
- Theo Walcott welcomes Arsenal signing Danny Welbeck to Gunners
- Photos: What Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Özil & more: Twitter reacts as Welbeck joins Arsenal from Man Utd
- Danny Welbeck only wanted to quit Man Utd for Arsenal, says Alan Smith
Liverpool are very lucky to have Luis Suárez, admits Pepe Reina
Liverpool goalkeeper Pepe Reina says the Merseyside outfit are "very lucky" to have Luis Suárez in their squad
Pepe Reina believes Liverpool are “very lucky” to have Luis Suárez, saying that he is “proud” to play in the same team as the striker.
Suárez has been the club’s standout performer in a difficult campaign, with the Reds still adjusting to life under new manager Brendan Rodgers.
The 26-year-old has been linked with a possible move to Bayern Munich and Juventus in the summer – and Reina says he is honoured to be the striker’s team-mate.
“Liverpool are very lucky to have Luis,” said Reina.
“Every day I am proud to say that I share a dressing room with such a big player. He is 100 per cent all the time.
“He can create the chances himself from nothing. He can be a killer in the box. But he can also provide assistance to the team and be involved all the time.
“He is not just a proper striker in the box. He looks to create.”
Reina also believes that Liverpool are finishing the season in the right manner after scoring a total of nine goals in recent victories over Swansea and Wigan.
“We are going into the last 10 games with a positive feeling. We feel we are in the right way.
“This year has been important for us in terms of getting to know what the manager wants and develop the ideas.
“We have to be ready for the very first game of next season to challenge.
“We know the ideas and philosophies of the manager. It is getting better and better so hopefully we will be ready to compete.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Welbeck suffers minor injury setback
- Van Persie denies injury reports
- Liverpool chief hails Man Utd's Falcao deal
- Tottenham confirm Walker surgery
- PHOTOS: Arsenal unveil new signing Welbeck