- Tottenham transfers: Gary Lineker hails ‘solid’ signing Federico Fazio
- Transfer round-up: Man Utd make double bid, Arsenal to sign Carvalho
- Özil, Vieira & more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal edge past Besiktas
- Liverpool legend Jamie Carragher makes Man Utd ‘joke’ on Twitter
- Divock Origi explains why he picked Liverpool over Tottenham Hotspur
- Real Madrid didn’t appreciate Angel di Maria, says Man Utd signing’s father
Liverpool transfers: Juve chief plays down chances of Luis Suárez swoop
Liverpool transfers: Juventus general manager Giuseppe Marotta plays down talk of the Italian champions bidding for Luis Suárez
Juventus are not weighing up a bid for Liverpool striker Luis Suárez, according to the Serie A champions’ general manager Giuseppe Marotta.
The Turin side have been heavily linked with a big-money move for the Uruguay international, who has scored 22 goals in 29 Premier League appearances this term.
Last week, Suárez revealed he would be open to talking to clubs who could offer Champions League football in the summer, with Juve reported to be leading the race.
“Who would I like as a birthday gift between Sanchez and Suárez? I am happy with our players and I cherish them. At this time of the season, we don’t think about the [transfer] market,” he told Italia 2.
“Ibrahimovic? He is a champion, but Juventus has economic parameters, which must be respected, and his salary is higher than these.”
Marotta also moved to quash talk of Juve manager Conte leaving the Turin outfit at the end of the season.
“There is not clause in his contract, but I think he will remain for many years and may get a lot of satisfaction from Juventus,” he added.
Conte’s side are nine points clear of second-place Napoli in the Serie A title race this season.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Pochettino: I've always had faith in Kane
- Twitter reacts as Liverpool draw Real Madrid
- Liverpool 'pleased' with Champions League draw
- Arsenal handed Cerci boost
- PHOTOS: Kane impresses as Spurs beat Limassol