- Photos: Balotelli and Lallana train with Liverpool ahead of Tottenham trip
- Man Utd transfers: ‘Nigel de Jong would be good signing for Red Devils’
- Man Utd’s Louis van Gaal needs to show respect, blasts Liverpool legend
- Paul Scholes questions Man Utd’s move for Daley Blind
- Arsenal dealt Radamel Falcao blow after striker ‘deletes Real Madrid tweet’
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal set to sign Falcao, Man Utd snap up teenager
Liverpool transfers: Valencia’s Aly Cissokho flattered by speculation
Liverpool transfers: Valencia left-back Aly Cissokho says he is flattered by reported interest from the Premier League
Aly Cissokho says he is flattered by reported interest from Liverpool amid speculation the defender could leave Valencia in the summer.
The France international has been a first-team regular at the Mestalla since the 25-year-old completed a €5m (£4.3m) move from Lyon in August.
“I’ve never hidden the fact that the English league is the one that attracts me the most. It’s pleasing to see my name linked with Liverpool,” he told Le Parisien.
“They’re a great club, and not just anyone can wear that shirt. But it is still just an article in a newspaper.”
Cissokho, capped once by France, has scored two goals in 20 appearances for Valencia after making his debut in a 1-0 loss to Barcelona at Camp Nou.
And the left-back, a self-confessed Manchester United fan, admitted it will be strange to line up against his idol David Beckham in the second leg of their Champions League last-16 tie against Paris Saint-Germain on Wednesday night.
He added: “When I was little, I was a Manchester United fan, and so also of David Beckham. It’s strange to think I’ll be playing against him.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- PHOTO: Three Liverpool legends meet at Bayern clash
- Twitter reacts as Chelsea beat Everton
- Everton 3 Chelsea 6: Player ratings
- Fazio available to face Liverpool
- Wilshere ready for 'tough' Leicester game