- Photo: Mario Balotelli pays tribute to Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal to sign £21m Carvalho, Man Utd in Vidal talks
- Parlour, Lineker and more: Twitter reacts as Leicester hold Arsenal
- Man Utd transfers: Neville wants centre-half after Falcao signing
- Arsenal dealt Radamel Falcao blow after striker ‘deletes Real Madrid tweet’
- Arsenal transfers: Wenger confirms he’s on the lookout for a striker
We miss him! Man City’s Milner feels absence of ‘crazy’ Balotelli
Manchester City midfielder James Milner says Mario Balotelli is missed at the defending Premier League champions
James Milner admits he misses Mario Balotelli’s presence around the Manchester City dressing room after the “crazy” striker completed a move to AC Milan in January.
The Italy international opted to end his spell with the Citizens after falling out of favour under manager Roberto Mancini this season and scoring just once in seven Premier League appearances.
Balotelli has since netted five goals in five Serie A games for Milan – and although Milner says the 22-year-old would often test his team-mates’ patience, the England winger has revealed that the striker’s absence is being felt.
“I do miss him, actually,” said Milner. “He was crazy, he liked to be the centre of attention and it was like having a 12-year-old in the dressing-room at times.
“But he was a good guy, he was harmless and I hope he does well in Milan. He’s got ability and hopefully he can prove it over in Italy.
“You’d get those days where you’d think, ‘Mario – not today, leave it out’, but it was very hard to hate him, despite the crazy things he did.
“At times Mario would step out of line and one of the lads would tell him. If he ever did that, it would go off, but half-an-hour later he would come in and apologise.”
Balotelli scored 30 goals in 80 games for City after completing a £20m move to City from Inter in August 2010.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Owen: Falcao is signing of the summer
- Is Falcao the signing Man Utd need?
- Falcao is top buy, declares Ronaldo
- PHOTO: Arsenal & Liverpool stars go to the cinema
- Cech won't rule out Chelsea exit