- Man Utd transfers: ‘Marco Reus rejected Red Devils move’
- Transfer round-up: Di Maria to sign for Man Utd, Arsenal target Manolas
- Özil, Szczesny and more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal draw at Besiktas
- Man Utd transfers: Marcos Rojo drops Angel Di Maria hint
- Transfer round-up: Manolas has Arsenal medical, Man Utd to sign Cuadrado
- Tottenham transfers: ‘Mateo Musacchio set to snub Spurs’
Man City transfers: Rorberto Mancini values Edin Dzeko at €20m
Man City transfers: Roberto Mancini puts a €20m price-tag on Edin Dzeko amid reported interest from Borussia Dortmund
Roberto Mancini says Edin Dzeko would cost potential suitors €20m (£17.4m) if the Manchester City striker was to leave in the summer.
The 26-year-old forward has been in and out of the City first-team this season despite being the club’s top goal-scorer with 13 goals in all competitions.
Borussia Dortmund have been linked with a move for Dzeko, with Robert Lewandowski poised to leave the German champions at the end of the season.
And Citizens manager Mancini has refused to rule out a possible departure for Dzeko, admitting that the Bosnia-Herzegovina striker needs regular football.
“We haven’t spoken about the transfer market because there are 10 games to go but in June anything can happen,” Mancini said.
“For me, Dzeko is a great player but he is the type of footballer who needs to play all the time. In Italy he could score 20 goals a season but he would cost someone €20m (£17.4m) and maybe more.”
“United will now concentrate all their strength to win the championship and it was hard enough for us before this game against Madrid,” he said.
“It was better for us that they stayed in the Champions League.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Liverpool suffer Bakkali setback
- VIDEO: Van Persie takes ice bucket challenge
- Robson: Man Utd don't need an overhaul
- Song takes ice bucket challenge, nominates Podolski
- Bilic: Besitkas out to spoil Arsenal plans