- Man Utd transfers: Seven players who could rescue the Red Devils
- ‘Cesc Fàbregas would have picked Man Utd over Chelsea’
- Man Utd transfers: Angel Di Maria asks to leave Real Madrid
- Liverpool transfers: Mario Balotelli a bargain at £16m, says Harry Redknapp
- Transfer round-up: Reus in talks with Arsenal, Tottenham to sign Fazio
- Photos: Robin van Persie & Wayne Rooney all smiles at Man Utd training
Ex-Man Utd forward backs Robin van Persie to end barren spell
Andy Cole believes that it is only a matter of time before Robin van Persie starts firing on all cylinders again for Manchester United
Andy Cole believes that it is only a matter of time before Robin van Persie starts firing on all cylinders again for Manchester United.
The Dutchman, who hit the ground running following his £24m move to Old Trafford from Arsenal last summer, has only found the net once in his last 11 appearances for the Red Devils.
Van Persie has scored 23 goals in all competitions for United this season and former Red Devils striker Cole insists that the 29-year-old is sure to bounce back soon.
“Having a barren spell has got to happen,” Cole told the Manchester Evening News. “As a centre forward you know it will happen at some point. You just have to keep faith with yourself.
“He is established over here and is coming to a very good team so everyone knows he is going to score goals and he has done that. Nobody is surprised.
“Now he has one in 11, that is going to happen. He has had a purple patch now they’ve dried up and he will score again. There isn’t much you can do to change it. You just know it is going to come back.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Van Gaal: Now I'm the devil of Manchester
- Giles: I wouldn't sign Balotelli for free
- Spurs should be top-four contenders, says Redknapp
- VIDEO: Rodgers completes ice bucket challenge
- Real Madrid 'keen to offload Khedira'