- Arsenal transfers: Sami Khedira ‘agrees personal terms with Gunners’
- Abou Diaby can be a major asset for Arsenal, says Arsène Wenger
- Photos: Man Utd train ahead of LA Galaxy clash
- Photos: Liverpool train at Harvard University
- Man Utd transfers: Dortmund speak out about Hummels and Reus
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal want £24m Carvalho, Man Utd to sign Hummels
Man City target Neymar: I have no preference for Barça or Real Madrid
Man City target Neymar says he has no preference for Barcelona or Real Madrid but is keen on a move to Europe in the future
Manchester City target Neymar insists he is yet to decide whether to join Barcelona or Real Madrid.
The Brazil international has been closely tracked by a host of Europe’s top clubs for a series of eye-catching displays for Santos.
The 21-year-old was widely reported to have agreed to join Barcelona in the summer, which would see him link up with fellow South American Lionel Messi.
But Neymar is unsure whether a move to Europe will materialise in the near future and says he does not know which La Liga side he would prefer to join.
“I have no preference for Barcelona or Real Madrid. They are both great clubs that are respected by everyone. They each have their own history and fantastic players,” said Neymar.
“In the past few years, Barcelona have impressed the entire world with the way they play. They are one of the best teams in the world.
“Playing in Europe continues to be a dream, but I do not know whether it will happen soon. Only I decide when I’m ready for it.
“I will make the move when I make the decision myself. It’s not about anybody else, but solely my call. If I feel I have to go now, I’ll leave now. But if I want to stay for five more years, I’ll leave in five years.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Roberto keen on Barcelona stay
- Borini desperate for Liverpool stay
- Aurier reveals talks over future
- Pires: Sánchez will fire Arsenal to glory
- No new Liverpool bid for Lovren