- Man Utd transfers: Seven players who could rescue the Red Devils
- ‘Cesc Fàbregas would have picked Man Utd over Chelsea’
- Man Utd transfers: Angel Di Maria asks to leave Real Madrid
- Photos: Robin van Persie & Wayne Rooney all smiles at Man Utd training
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal step up Khedira bid, Man Utd to sign Alonso
- Arsenal transfers: Real Madrid boss gives update on Sami Khedira
QPR 3 Sunderland 1: Redknapp revels in ‘best’ display of his reign
QPR 3 Sunderland 1: Harry Redknapp says the Hoops produced their best performance of his reign after thrashing the Black Cats
Harry Redknapp praised Queens Park Rangers for producing their best performance of his reign after an emphatic victory over Sunderland at Loftus Road.
The Black Cats took the lead against the run of play when the visitors launched a scintillating counter-attack and Steven Fletcher beat Rob Green from close range in the 20th minute.
With Reading and Aston Villa facing each other at the Madejski, QPR needed to secure maximum points -and the home side responded through Loïc Rémy, who netted his third Premier League strike since joining the Hoops.
And QPR secured a vital three points in their bid to beat relegation when Andros Townsend scored his first top-flight goal in the 70th minute, before Jermaine Jenas consolidated the victory just before full-time.
“It was a good day for us,” Redknapp told BBC Sport. “Back-to-back wins for the first time in I don’t know how long. I thought we started well and conceded a goal against the run of play.
“We didn’t feel sorry for ourselves. The crowd were excellent and stayed with us. That was the best I have seen us play. We need to have a run of results like that.”
Meanwhile, QPR owner Tony Fernandes, who provided Redknapp with the funds to sign Jenas, Rémy and Townsend in the January transfer window, tweeted his delight at the victory.
Fernandes wrote: “Hehehehehehe. No sleep tonight in Kuala Lumpur. What a win. What a win. What a win.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Campbell: Balotelli deal too good to turn down
- Robson: Balotelli is a bad move for Liverpool
- Limassol 1 Tottenham 2: Talking points
- Limassol 1 Tottenham 2: Player ratings
- Wenger: Wilshere is on target