- Gibbs, Walcott & more: Twitter reacts to Arsenal’s £16m signing
- Photos: Arsenal unveil £16m signing Calum Chambers
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal relaxed about potential signings
- The new Chambo! Arsenal forward hails new signing Calum Chambers
- Aldridge & more: Twitter reacts as Liverpool sign Lovren
- Liverpool transfers: Brendan Rodgers explains collapsed Loïc Rémy deal
QPR 3 Sunderland 1: Redknapp revels in ‘best’ display of his reign
QPR 3 Sunderland 1: Harry Redknapp says the Hoops produced their best performance of his reign after thrashing the Black Cats
Harry Redknapp praised Queens Park Rangers for producing their best performance of his reign after an emphatic victory over Sunderland at Loftus Road.
The Black Cats took the lead against the run of play when the visitors launched a scintillating counter-attack and Steven Fletcher beat Rob Green from close range in the 20th minute.
With Reading and Aston Villa facing each other at the Madejski, QPR needed to secure maximum points -and the home side responded through Loïc Rémy, who netted his third Premier League strike since joining the Hoops.
And QPR secured a vital three points in their bid to beat relegation when Andros Townsend scored his first top-flight goal in the 70th minute, before Jermaine Jenas consolidated the victory just before full-time.
“It was a good day for us,” Redknapp told BBC Sport. “Back-to-back wins for the first time in I don’t know how long. I thought we started well and conceded a goal against the run of play.
“We didn’t feel sorry for ourselves. The crowd were excellent and stayed with us. That was the best I have seen us play. We need to have a run of results like that.”
Meanwhile, QPR owner Tony Fernandes, who provided Redknapp with the funds to sign Jenas, Rémy and Townsend in the January transfer window, tweeted his delight at the victory.
Fernandes wrote: “Hehehehehehe. No sleep tonight in Kuala Lumpur. What a win. What a win. What a win.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Oxlade-Chamberlain hails Chambers's move
- Juventus confident of Vidal stay
- Van Gaal: I won't buy for the sake of it
- Liverpool hand Lovren No6 shirt
- Photos: Arsenal unveil new signing Chambers