- Gibbs, Walcott & more: Twitter reacts to Arsenal’s £16m signing
- Liverpool transfers: Marco Reus wanted by massive clubs, says agent
- Photos: Arsenal unveil £16m signing Calum Chambers
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal relaxed about potential signings
- Liverpool transfers: ‘Reds in trouble after failing to sign Loïc Rémy’
- The new Chambo! Arsenal forward hails new signing Calum Chambers
It’s not make or break! QPR’s Harry Redknapp calm over Aston Villa clash
QPR's Harry Redknapp refuses to brand Hoops's clash against Aston Villa on Saturday as "make or break" despite their position
Harry Redknapp insists that Queens Park Rangers are not facing a “make or break” relegation clash against Aston Villa on Saturday, despite time running out for the Hoops boss to save the west London side.
QPR are still bottom of the Premier League table and four points behind 17th-placed Villa despite securing back-to-back wins for the first time since returning to the top flight in 2011.
The Hoops could be trailing Paul Lambert’s side by seven points should the Birmingham outfit come out on top at Villa Park – but Redknapp feels even defeat wouldn’t end of their hopes of beating the drop.
“It is a big game for both teams. We’re both in the relegation battle so it’s going to be really important and have a bearing on the league table,” said Redknapp.
He added: “It’s not necessarily [make or break] but it will certainly help. It would make a difference to how the league table looks on Sunday morning.”
And Redknapp feels that his side are not under as much pressure as their relegation rivals after coming from a seemingly unsalvageable position to the cusp of safety in recent weeks.
“They are a massive club with a young team. The pressure of the home crowd can affect performances,” he said.
“We go into the game away from home. People wrote us off a few weeks ago so we’re coming from a situation where we were no-hopers, but now we’re back in there with a shout.
“There’s no real pressure on us.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Liverpool unveil new signing Origi
- Origi: Mignolet says Liverpool is perfect for me
- Rodgers: Origi one of world's brightest talents
- Origi vows to 'maximise' Liverpool chance
- Photos: Man Utd squad meet tennis stars