- Loïc Rémy will be loved at Liverpool, says Gerard Houllier
- Photos: Emre Can & Lazar Markovic look to impress in Liverpool training
- Aldridge & more: Twitter reacts as Liverpool sign Lovren
- Wojciech Szczesny welcomes Arsenal signing David Ospina
- Gareth Bale always spoke highly of Tottenham, reveals Ben Davies
- Transfer round-up: Man Utd monitor Di Maria, Arsenal chase Costa
QPR’s Joe Jordan hails impact of January transfer window signings
QPR assistant manager Joe Jordan hails the impact of the Hoops's January signings after a 3-1 win against Sunderland on Saturday
Joe Jordan has hailed the impact of Harry Redknapp’s January signings as Queens Park Rangers edge towards Premier League safety.
The Hoops brought in Chris Samba for a club-record £12.5m after QPR had already spent £8m on France international Loïc Rémy.
Samba has brought stability to the back four, while Rémy has scored twice since arriving from Marseille, with Jenas and Townsend netting crucial strikes in a 3-1 victory over Sunderland last weekend.
The Hoops are now four points behind 17th-placed Aston Villa, who the west London side face on Saturday, and Jordan has been impressed by the new arrivals at Loftus Road.
“Chris has come in and been exceptional. It’s no surprise his performances keep improving. He just needed games,” Jordan told QPR’s website.
“He’s got the games under his belt now and is getting better and better. He gives us a voice in the dressing room as well which is vital for us. He’s a leader.
“The two lads from Spurs have also been great for us. Jermaine has come in and his experience is key. He’s not only a very good player, but he has a good head on him and is a great person to have about the club. His goal was fantastic.
“Along with Andros, who is just starting his career, they’ve been fantastic for us. Andros is playing with a maturity that you just don’t expect from one so young. He’s expressed himself fantastically well.
“Loïc will always get you goals. He’s a fine finisher and has already shown why we were so keen to bring him to the club in January.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Twitter reacts as Liverpool sign Lovren
- Lovren can't wait to link up with Liverpool squad
- Rodgers: Lovren an important Liverpool signing
- Liverpool complete £20m Lovren signing
- Arsenal target Griezmann set to join Atletico