- Video: Liverpool signing Lazar Markovic stars as Reds beat Man City
- Steven Gerrard looked up Liverpool signing Lazar Markovic on YouTube
- Cahill & more: Twitter reacts as Lukaku swaps Chelsea for Everton
- Photos: Alexis Sánchez joins Arsenal squad ahead of Emirates Cup
- Three reasons why Arturo Vidal should join Man Utd
- Liverpool legend wanted Romelu Lukaku to get Everton’s No9 shirt
Confidence is high! QPR’s Hoilett relishing six-pointer with Aston Villa
QPR forward Junior Hoilett says confidence is high in the Hoops camp ahead of their vital six-pointer against Aston Villa on Saturday
Junior Hoilett says confidence is high in the Queens Park Rangers camp ahead of their six-pointer against Aston Villa on Saturday.
The bottom-of-the-table Hoops travel to Villa Park fresh from securing back-to-back Premier League wins for the first time since being promoted to the top flight in 2011.
Redknapp’s side have the chance to close the gap between them and 17th-placed Villa to a single point, and Hoilett says the R’s are determined to extend their winning run.
“At training – around the building – everyone has that extra confidence,” Hoilett told QPR’s website.
“It is making us work harder each day to get ourselves out of the relegation zone. Everyone has the same motive – working hard as a team to get us out of the trouble.
“We are now looking forward to the next game and keeping the run going to get the points we need to lift us up the table.
“Saturday is going to be a six-pointer. Aston Villa are in the same position that we are in. It is going to be a scrap and a really important game.
“We are back in the fray. Back-to-back wins in the last two games have got us back into the race for survival. With our remaining fixtures we have a fighting chance to stay up.
“I’ve looked at the remaining fixtures and it is possible. We have a run of games that we can win. We have home fixtures we can win so I am trying to remain focused and work towards that goal.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Rodríguez urges Cuadrado to join Barcelona
- 'Van Gaal won't make same mistakes as Moyes'
- Lamela hoping for 'big season' at Spurs
- Ramsey thrilled to see Walcott return to training
- No player too big for Arsenal, Wenger tells Gerrard