- I wouldn’t sign Liverpool target Mario Balotelli for free, says ex-Man Utd star
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal hints at further signings
- Transfer round-up: Song in £10m Arsenal return, Man Utd bid for Vidal
- Photos: Özil and Mertesacker train as Arsenal gear up for Everton
- Liverpool transfers: Mario Balotelli a bargain at £16m, says Harry Redknapp
- Transfer round-up: Reus in talks with Arsenal, Tottenham to sign Fazio
Sterling and Suso ‘integral’ part of Liverpool squad, insists Rodgers
Brendan Rodgers dismisses suggestions that Liverpool duo Raheem Sterling and Suso could be sent out on loan
Brendan Rodgers has rubbished suggestions that Raheem Sterling or Suso could leave Liverpool on loan this season.
Media reports had claimed that the Reds were ready to loan out the duo, who have both featured for the Under-21s in recent weeks, so that they could gain some valuable first-team experience.
However, Rodgers remains adamant that the teenage pair are an important part of his Liverpool side as they gear up for a trip to Southampton on Saturday.
“It’s very simple, neither of them are available for loan,” Rodgers told a news conference.
“I’m not sure where the stories have come from, to be honest. They’re both young players that have played a lot this year – they have been very much a part of our group.
“Raheem has been outstanding this year, he’s only young and we need to nurture and protect him.
“We’ve got a very small squad and those two boys are an integral part of the group. That [loan deals] won’t happen.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Liverpool interested in Balotelli 'for months'
- Get 10/1 on Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs to win!
- Cattermole: Sunderland not afraid of Man Utd
- Pochettino: Remy a very good player
- Jones: Lovren can fill Carragher's void