- Video: Liverpool signing Lazar Markovic stars as Reds beat Man City
- Man Utd’s Juan Mata sees funny side after Wayne Rooney mix-up
- Photos: Jack Wilshere turns photographer for Arsenal training
- Steven Gerrard looked up Liverpool signing Lazar Markovic on YouTube
- Cahill & more: Twitter reacts as Lukaku swaps Chelsea for Everton
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal to miss out on Khedira, Fellaini to quit Man Utd
Sterling and Suso ‘integral’ part of Liverpool squad, insists Rodgers
Brendan Rodgers dismisses suggestions that Liverpool duo Raheem Sterling and Suso could be sent out on loan
Brendan Rodgers has rubbished suggestions that Raheem Sterling or Suso could leave Liverpool on loan this season.
Media reports had claimed that the Reds were ready to loan out the duo, who have both featured for the Under-21s in recent weeks, so that they could gain some valuable first-team experience.
However, Rodgers remains adamant that the teenage pair are an important part of his Liverpool side as they gear up for a trip to Southampton on Saturday.
“It’s very simple, neither of them are available for loan,” Rodgers told a news conference.
“I’m not sure where the stories have come from, to be honest. They’re both young players that have played a lot this year – they have been very much a part of our group.
“Raheem has been outstanding this year, he’s only young and we need to nurture and protect him.
“We’ve got a very small squad and those two boys are an integral part of the group. That [loan deals] won’t happen.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Three reasons why Vidal should join Man Utd
- Markovic stars as Liverpool beat Man City
- Gerrard excited by Liverpool's summer signings
- Torres is staying at Chelsea, insists Mourinho
- Moreno should reject Liverpool, says Aspas