- Man Utd transfers: Arturo Vidal ‘will join Red Devils next month’
- Transfer round-up: Man Utd close in on Di Maria, Arsenal sign £3m Ospina
- Arsenal transfers: Lukas Podolski urges Sami Khedira to join Gunners
- Mauricio Pochettino hails Tottenham’s ‘unbelievable’ Erik Lamela
- Tottenham transfers: New signings possible, says Mauricio Pochettino
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal hints at reinforcements
Giggs: Man Utd moved on quickly from Real Madrid disappointment
Ryan Giggs insists Manchester United had no time to dwell on their Champions League exit at the hands of Real Madrid
Ryan Giggs insists Manchester United did not dwell on their Champions League exit at the hands of Real Madrid.
The Red Devils were knocked out of Europe’s elite club competition after Sir Alex Ferguson’s men suffered a 2-1 defeat at Old Trafford last week.
But Giggs, who made his 1,000th professional appearance that night, says United immediately turned their attentions to facing Chelsea in the FA Cup rather than lick their wounds.
“There was a bit of disappointment immediately after the Real Madrid match but then we were looking forward to Chelsea, so I haven’t thought about it,” Giggs told MUTV ahead of United’s clash with Reading on Saturday.
“I was obviously proud [of my 1,000th match] and would’ve liked better circumstances to celebrate it, but I just get on with it and hope for a good end to the season.”
Giggs, who signed a one-year contract extension with the Red Devils earlier this month, believes he has been lucky to steer clear of serious injury during his decorated career.
He added: “I think as you enter your thirties you are just trying to play for as long as possible and to get as much out of the game as you can.
“Luckily, I’ve managed to stay injury-free and I’ve had the continuity of the manager being here. So many things have gone for me and I’ve looked after myself, but nobody ever envisages getting to 1,000 games.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Henry: Time was right to sell Suárez
- Van Gaal hints at defensive signings for Man Utd
- Herrera: My Man Utd debut was a dream
- Shaqiri plays down exit speculation
- Rodgers: Coutinho the brain of Liverpool side