- Photo: Mario Balotelli pays tribute to Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard
- Photos: What Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Parlour and more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal close in on Welbeck
- Man Utd transfers: Neville wants centre-half after Falcao signing
- Theo Walcott welcomes Arsenal signing Danny Welbeck to Gunners
- Rio Ferdinand: Danny Welbeck will ‘flourish’ as Arsenal’s No1 striker
Stoke 0 West Brom 0: Tony Pulis hails Potters fans after stalemate
Stoke 0 West Brom 0: Tony Pulis heaps praise on the Britannia Stadium faithful after an uninspiring draw with the Baggies
Tony Pulis chose to praise the Stoke City supporters after the Potters played out a dull goalless draw with West Bromwich Albion at the Britannia Stadium.
After a largely uneventful game, Kenwyne Jones had the chance to win it for the home side late on but the striker’s tame effort was gathered by Ben Foster.
The draw moves Stoke into the top half of the Premier League table in 10th place, while West Brom stay in eighth.
After watching his side pick up their first point in three league outings, Pulis told BBC Sport: “It was a very honest, committed game with very few chances. Probably the best opportunity fell for Kenwyne Jones right at the end.
“The greatest thing about today was the crowd turned up and were great. There has been a bit of discontent around the place but they were fabulous from the first minute to the last minute.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Ricky who? Sterling had to Google Rodgers joke
- Redknapp: Borini's wage demands prevented deal
- Lamela wishes Sandro 'all the best' at QPR
- Özil backs Welbeck to net plenty of Arsenal goals
- Welbeck to wear number 23 shirt for Arsenal