- Liverpool transfers: Marco Reus wanted by massive clubs, says agent
- Liverpool transfers: ‘Reds in trouble after failing to sign Loïc Rémy’
- The new Chambo! Arsenal forward hails new signing Calum Chambers
- Arsenal haven’t gambled on Calum Chambers, says Southampton legend
- Photos: Liverpool unveil new signing Divock Origi
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal relaxed about potential signings
Tottenham’s Gareth Bale the best player in England – Pablo Zabaleta
Manchester City defender Pablo Zabaleta says Tottenham Hotspur star Gareth Bale is the best player in the Premier League
Pablo Zabaleta believes Tottenham Hotspur winger Gareth Bale is the best player in the Premier League.
The Manchester City vice-captain was tasked with marking the Wales international in a 2-1 victory over the north London side earlier in the campaign.
And Zabaleta has been impressed by the Spurs winger, who has scored 21 goals in 34 appearances in all competitions this season.
“The best Premier League player? Gareth Bale, a force of nature,” Zabaleta told La Gazzetta dello Sport.
Meanwhile, Zabaleta feels Mario Balotelli’s return to Italy was “inevitable” after the striker completed a £19m move to AC Milan from City in January.
“I think Balotelli’s departure was inevitable. It had become a difficult situation,” he added.
“Mario is a great player, who must learn to better manage his life off the field. He should be more disciplined and quiet. Returning to Italy and staying near to his family is helping him.”
Zabaleta insists City are still in the early stages of their project after a disappointing campaign which has left the Citizens 15 points behind league leaders Manchester United with eight games left to play.
“My relationship with Mancini is great,” he added. “You can talk with him not only about football, but also life problems.
“We [City] must grow as a group and in mentality. United have built a winning culture over the last 20 years, while City’s project is at the beginning.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Drogba: Fabregas will realise it is better with Chelsea
- Heskey: Liverpool would be happy with top four
- 'Sneijder set to stay at Galatasaray'
- Liverpool unveil new signing Origi
- Origi: Mignolet says Liverpool is perfect for me