- Man Utd transfers: Dortmund speak out about Hummels and Reus
- Arsenal transfers: Real Madrid ‘looking to offload Sami Khedira’
- Lionel Messi ‘enquired about Arsenal move last season’
- Liverpool transfers: Serge Aurier reveals talks over future
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal back in for Balotelli, Man Utd bid for Cuadrado
- Arsenal transfers: AC Milan admit Mario Balotelli could leave
Tottenham transfers: Brad Friedel not thinking about retirement
Tottenham transfers: Brad Friedel refuses to rule out extending his playing career beyond his current contract which expires in 2014
Brad Friedel says he has no plans to retire despite the Tottenham Hotspur goalkeeper fast approaching his 42nd birthday.
The shot-stopper still has almost a year to run on his current Spurs contract after the United States international signed an extension back in December.
But the former Liverpool goalkeeper hinted that he could extend his career beyond his current deal.
“For me age is just a number,” said Friedel. “I would never have signed my last contract if I didn’t think I could still perform. I feel as good as I ever have done.
“Obviously with every athlete in every sport there will come a time when you will have to stop.
“I don’t know. We will see if this will be my last contract. Next year could be brick wall time. You never know.
“If I feel the same way now in a year’s time, I will revisit the situation.
“But for now I feel the same after matches and heavy workouts as I did when I was 24.”
Friedel has made 53 appearances for the White Hart Lane outfit after joining on a free transfer from Aston Villa in 2011.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Woodward: Man Utd ready to spend big
- Fàbregas: Chelsea was best option for me
- Messi 'enquired about Arsenal move'
- Mourinho convinced Chelsea can win the title
- AC Milan admit Balotelli could leave