- Liverpool transfers: Marco Reus wanted by massive clubs, says agent
- Liverpool transfers: ‘Reds in trouble after failing to sign Loïc Rémy’
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal to miss out on Khedira, Fellaini to quit Man Utd
- The new Chambo! Arsenal forward hails new signing Calum Chambers
- Arsenal haven’t gambled on Calum Chambers, says Southampton legend
- Photos: Liverpool unveil new signing Divock Origi
Tottenham transfers: Brad Friedel not thinking about retirement
Tottenham transfers: Brad Friedel refuses to rule out extending his playing career beyond his current contract which expires in 2014
Brad Friedel says he has no plans to retire despite the Tottenham Hotspur goalkeeper fast approaching his 42nd birthday.
The shot-stopper still has almost a year to run on his current Spurs contract after the United States international signed an extension back in December.
But the former Liverpool goalkeeper hinted that he could extend his career beyond his current deal.
“For me age is just a number,” said Friedel. “I would never have signed my last contract if I didn’t think I could still perform. I feel as good as I ever have done.
“Obviously with every athlete in every sport there will come a time when you will have to stop.
“I don’t know. We will see if this will be my last contract. Next year could be brick wall time. You never know.
“If I feel the same way now in a year’s time, I will revisit the situation.
“But for now I feel the same after matches and heavy workouts as I did when I was 24.”
Friedel has made 53 appearances for the White Hart Lane outfit after joining on a free transfer from Aston Villa in 2011.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Mata sees funny side of Mata mix-up
- Barkley wants Everton to secure top four
- Wilshere: Zelalem has so much natural ability
- Drogba wants to help Chelsea end title drought
- Rodgers: Man City the team to beat