- Tottenham transfers: Gary Lineker hails ‘solid’ signing Federico Fazio
- Transfer round-up: Man Utd make double bid, Arsenal to sign Carvalho
- Özil, Vieira & more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal edge past Besiktas
- Liverpool legend Jamie Carragher makes Man Utd ‘joke’ on Twitter
- Divock Origi explains why he picked Liverpool over Tottenham Hotspur
- Real Madrid didn’t appreciate Angel di Maria, says Man Utd signing’s father
Tottenham transfers: Brad Friedel not thinking about retirement
Tottenham transfers: Brad Friedel refuses to rule out extending his playing career beyond his current contract which expires in 2014
Brad Friedel says he has no plans to retire despite the Tottenham Hotspur goalkeeper fast approaching his 42nd birthday.
The shot-stopper still has almost a year to run on his current Spurs contract after the United States international signed an extension back in December.
But the former Liverpool goalkeeper hinted that he could extend his career beyond his current deal.
“For me age is just a number,” said Friedel. “I would never have signed my last contract if I didn’t think I could still perform. I feel as good as I ever have done.
“Obviously with every athlete in every sport there will come a time when you will have to stop.
“I don’t know. We will see if this will be my last contract. Next year could be brick wall time. You never know.
“If I feel the same way now in a year’s time, I will revisit the situation.
“But for now I feel the same after matches and heavy workouts as I did when I was 24.”
Friedel has made 53 appearances for the White Hart Lane outfit after joining on a free transfer from Aston Villa in 2011.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Pochettino: I've always had faith in Kane
- Twitter reacts as Liverpool draw Real Madrid
- Liverpool 'pleased' with Champions League draw
- Arsenal handed Cerci boost
- PHOTOS: Kane impresses as Spurs beat Limassol