- Photo: Mario Balotelli pays tribute to Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal to sign £21m Carvalho, Man Utd in Vidal talks
- Parlour, Lineker and more: Twitter reacts as Leicester hold Arsenal
- Arsenal dealt Radamel Falcao blow after striker ‘deletes Real Madrid tweet’
- Arsenal transfers: Wenger confirms he’s on the lookout for a striker
- ‘Rene Meulensteen return would be great news for Man Utd’
Tottenham transfers: Brad Friedel not thinking about retirement
Tottenham transfers: Brad Friedel refuses to rule out extending his playing career beyond his current contract which expires in 2014
Brad Friedel says he has no plans to retire despite the Tottenham Hotspur goalkeeper fast approaching his 42nd birthday.
The shot-stopper still has almost a year to run on his current Spurs contract after the United States international signed an extension back in December.
But the former Liverpool goalkeeper hinted that he could extend his career beyond his current deal.
“For me age is just a number,” said Friedel. “I would never have signed my last contract if I didn’t think I could still perform. I feel as good as I ever have done.
“Obviously with every athlete in every sport there will come a time when you will have to stop.
“I don’t know. We will see if this will be my last contract. Next year could be brick wall time. You never know.
“If I feel the same way now in a year’s time, I will revisit the situation.
“But for now I feel the same after matches and heavy workouts as I did when I was 24.”
Friedel has made 53 appearances for the White Hart Lane outfit after joining on a free transfer from Aston Villa in 2011.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- PHOTO: Suárez gives Gerrard signed Barcelona shirt
- 'Falcao would have slotted in Arsenal side'
- Twitter reacts to reports Falcao will join Man Utd
- Balotelli tell Sturridge to brush up his dancing
- 'Falcao will give Man Utd wonderful lift'