- Gibbs, Walcott & more: Twitter reacts to Arsenal’s £16m signing
- Liverpool transfers: Marco Reus wanted by massive clubs, says agent
- Photos: Arsenal unveil £16m signing Calum Chambers
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal relaxed about potential signings
- Liverpool transfers: ‘Reds in trouble after failing to sign Loïc Rémy’
- The new Chambo! Arsenal forward hails new signing Calum Chambers
Frank Lampard: Tottenham game pivotal to Chelsea’s top-four hopes
Frank Lampard says Chelsea's showdown with Tottenham next month is likely to be the decisive game in the top-four race
Frank Lampard believes Chelsea’s showdown with Tottenham at Stamford Bridge next month is likely to be the decisive game in the top-four race.
The Blues travel to Old Trafford on Sunday looking to keep their bid for Champions League qualification on track, with the west Londoners third in the Premier League table with four games left to play.
And although Lampard concedes that Sunday’s clash at Old Trafford is a crucial fixture for Rafael Benítez’s men, the 34-year-old believes that the Spurs clash on 8 May will be make-or-break for both sides.
“You could say the game against Manchester United is pivotal, but I think it is really down to the Tottenham game,” Lampard is quoted as saying by the Sun.
“I think it will go to the wire but if we get the right results against United and Tottenham we’ll put ourselves in a healthy position.
“The Champions League is the test of the best and the main target, but I want to win the Europa League as well.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Liverpool unveil new signing Origi
- Origi: Mignolet says Liverpool is perfect for me
- Rodgers: Origi one of world's brightest talents
- Origi vows to 'maximise' Liverpool chance
- Photos: Man Utd squad meet tennis stars