- Rio Ferdinand: Danny Welbeck will ‘flourish’ as Arsenal’s No1 striker
- Photos: Arsenal unveil new signing Danny Welbeck
- Theo Walcott welcomes Arsenal signing Danny Welbeck to Gunners
- Photos: What Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Özil & more: Twitter reacts as Welbeck joins Arsenal from Man Utd
- Danny Welbeck only wanted to quit Man Utd for Arsenal, says Alan Smith
Man Utd’s Patrice Evra: We don’t get the credit our character deserves
Manchester United defender Patrice Evra says the Red Devils won't get the credit their "great character" dreseves
Patrice Evra believes Manchester United deserve more credit for their “great character”, with the Red Devils on the cusp of a 13th Premier League crown.
And Evra, who is bidding to win a fifth Premier League winner’s medal, reckons United should receive more praise for showing a never-say-die attitude this season.
“Because it is Manchester United people don’t give us a lot of credit,” said Evra. “They just say ‘Oh, okay, they escaped, they came back’.
“If it is another team they say what great character they have, what a great team they are.
“But we have not escaped. This is character. This is personality. It is the reason we are in the position we are.
“I don’t see anyone with more character than this team.”
He added: “You have to accept the criticism,” he said. “But in France we say we pay the musician at the end of the show.
“I hope we are going to be paying this year.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Welbeck suffers minor injury setback
- Van Persie denies injury reports
- Liverpool chief hails Man Utd's Falcao deal
- Tottenham confirm Walker surgery
- PHOTOS: Arsenal unveil new signing Welbeck