- Tottenham transfers: Gary Lineker hails ‘solid’ signing Federico Fazio
- Transfer round-up: Man Utd make double bid, Arsenal to sign Carvalho
- Özil, Vieira & more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal edge past Besiktas
- Liverpool legend Jamie Carragher makes Man Utd ‘joke’ on Twitter
- Divock Origi explains why he picked Liverpool over Tottenham Hotspur
- Real Madrid didn’t appreciate Angel di Maria, says Man Utd signing’s father
Man Utd’s Patrice Evra: We don’t get the credit our character deserves
Manchester United defender Patrice Evra says the Red Devils won't get the credit their "great character" dreseves
Patrice Evra believes Manchester United deserve more credit for their “great character”, with the Red Devils on the cusp of a 13th Premier League crown.
And Evra, who is bidding to win a fifth Premier League winner’s medal, reckons United should receive more praise for showing a never-say-die attitude this season.
“Because it is Manchester United people don’t give us a lot of credit,” said Evra. “They just say ‘Oh, okay, they escaped, they came back’.
“If it is another team they say what great character they have, what a great team they are.
“But we have not escaped. This is character. This is personality. It is the reason we are in the position we are.
“I don’t see anyone with more character than this team.”
He added: “You have to accept the criticism,” he said. “But in France we say we pay the musician at the end of the show.
“I hope we are going to be paying this year.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Pochettino: I've always had faith in Kane
- Twitter reacts as Liverpool draw Real Madrid
- Liverpool 'pleased' with Champions League draw
- Arsenal handed Cerci boost
- PHOTOS: Kane impresses as Spurs beat Limassol